D23 is starting to ramp up and a variety of exclusive and rare collectables are going to be present at the con. There will be Marvel figures, exclusive Star Wars figures, Once Upon A Time and more!
It’s pretty cool. Check out all the info below!
Disney Store today announced the all-new collections and Limited Editions set to launch at this year’s D23 EXPO 2015, Disney’s ultimate fan event held at the Anaheim Convention Center August 14–16. Located within the Disney Consumer Products Pavilion at D23 EXPO, the Disney Store shop will feature new and exclusive products showcased throughout more than 3,000 sq. ft. of retail space. New items celebrating everyone’s favorite characters will be unveiled each day throughout the weekend.
In addition to offering attendees the chance to shop special products not yet available to the general public, fans will also have the chance to meet the artists and designers who created these exciting new collections and be treated to the official Disney Store opening ceremony on Friday, August 14. During the ceremony, a special attendee will be chosen to “unlock imagination” at 9 a.m. alongside some of Disney’s most famous characters.
D23 EXPO attendees will get a first look at collections making their debut at the event, including the next installment of the popular Disney Fairytale Designer Collection; a Limited Edition Doll Collection from ABC Studios’ television series Once Upon a Time; Toy Story 20th Anniversary; and Disney Tsum Tsum.
Highlights of the new collections include:
· Disney Fairytale Designer Collection – Happily ever after meets happily evil in Disney Store’s newest series of the Disney Fairytale Designer Collection being previewed at D23 EXPO. Featuring five sets of Limited Edition pairs, these collector doll sets were designed by Disney Store artists and carefully crafted to capture the beauty and romance of fairytale friends and foes.
Available for the first time at D23 EXPO, guests can pre-purchase the complete set of five Hero/Villain pairs prior to the general public pre-sale beginning online Monday, September 14.
Following the preview at D23 EXPO, the doll sets will be released and available for purchase in stores and online starting September 29, with a new pair released each week. Each set is limited to an edition of 6,000 globally and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity.
This line expands into a collection of apparel, mugs, journals, home décor and more, available to the general public in stores and online on September 14.
· Once Upon a Time – Continuing the ‘heroes and villains’ theme, Disney Store will introduce the Once Upon a Time Snow White and Evil Queen Doll Collection, available exclusively at D23 EXPO. Limited to an edition of 300, the doll collection, inspired by ABC Studios’ television series Once Upon a Time, brings to life the beauty, magic and charm of the iconic fairytale characters from the show.
Exclusively for guests who purchase the doll set at D23 EXPO, Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White) and Lana Parrilla (The Evil Queen) will be available for an autograph signing at the ABC booth on the D23 EXPO floor from 4 – 4:45 p.m. on Saturday, August 15. This special opportunity will be followed by the Once Upon a Time panel taking place in Stage 23 from 6 – 7 p.m.
· Star Wars – Disney Store will launch an exclusive collection of Star Wars items at the EXPO on Friday, August 14. The collection will feature apparel, collectibles, and toys, including the Star Wars Elite Series, a new line of highly articulated and detailed die cast action figures, representing characters from Star Wars Episodes I-VI. The action figures will be sold individually at Disney Store locations beginning later this year; however, EXPO attendees have the opportunity to purchase the full set of Star Wars Elite Series action figures, which includes D23 EXPO-exclusive versions of R2-D2 and C-3PO.
Additionally at D23 EXPO, Disney Store will introduce Star Wars Legion Helmets, a series of eight vinyl collectible helmets inspired by the Star Wars Legion Helmet project launched in early 2014. Celebrating creativity and Star Wars, the project pulled together artists from across The Walt Disney Company, resulting in 300 stormtrooper helmets being transformed into diverse pieces of art, which inspired these collectible recreations – epic additions to every Empire.
· Toy Story 20th Anniversary – In celebration of the 20th Anniversary of Disney∙Pixar’s Toy Story, Disney Store gleaned art from the adored film’s archives to illustrate the evolution of the beloved characters, Buzz and Woody. Featuring toys, collectibles, apparel and more, this collection will be released at the Disney Store shop at D23 EXPO on Friday, August 14.
· Disney Tsum Tsum – All-new collections of everyone’s favorite stackable plush will be unveiled at D23 EXPO, with one releasing each day in limited quantities in mini, medium and large sizes. In addition, limited-edition mini box series – exclusive to D23 EXPO – will be released along with each collection, and a Mickey Mouse Tsum Tsum mini vinyl figure will be available for $5 with any purchase, while supplies last.
Also launching at D23 EXPO is Disney Store’s “Disney 3D Print Studio,” which offers fans the chance to personalize figures, including Marvel’s Iron Man, with their likeness through the use of facial-scanning kiosks. The figures ordered at the event will feature packaging unique to D23 EXPO.
New this year, in an effort to minimize wait times for guests, D23 is introducing StorePass at select D23 EXPO shopping locations, including the Disney Store shop. A limited quantity of StorePass tickets will be available starting at 10 a.m. on Friday, August 14, and while they last, at the StorePass desk located adjacent to the StagePass distribution area in Hall A. Guests can visit D23EXPO.com’s “Things to Know” page for more details.
The Disney Store shop at D23 EXPO can be found in the Disney Consumer Products Pavilion. Additional details and updates about Disney Store D23 EXPO events and activities will continue to be updated on www.D23EXPO.com, on Facebook, and Twitter @DisneyD23.
To find a local Disney Store, guests can visit www.DisneyStore.com/storelocator or call (866) 902-2798. Guests can also sign up for email alerts at www.DisneyStore.com/Updates, become a fan on Facebook www.facebook.com/DisneyStore or follow along on Twitter @DisneyStore.
Tickets for D23 EXPO 2015 are $74 for a one-day adult admission and $54 for children 3–12. Tickets for members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club are $65 for a one-day adult admission and $48 for children. Multi-day money-saving tickets are also available. D23 Members can save as much as $112 off the price of admission, based on the purchase of four three-day tickets at the D23 Member rate. For more information on tickets and the ticket pricing structure for D23 Members and general admission, visit D23EXPO.com.