New York Comic Con (NYCC) kicks off on Thursday, October 6th! Yes, it’s just a few weeks away! To help sort though all the madness, I’ll be highlighting some of the coolest events. Announcements will be made until the last moment so bookmark this page!
- 9/20 – Added Fox shows (24: Legacy, Sleepy Hollow, Son of Zorn), WGN America shows (Salem, Outsiders and Underground), Stranger Things, Mr. Robot, Beyond and a few more
- 9/22 – Added BBC America shows (still waiting on the times), movie panels (John Wick: Chapter 2, Power Rangers, Roger Corman’s Death Race 2050), 2 DreamWorks/Netflix shows (Voltron and Trollhunters) and the new policy for the Main stage panels
- 9/26 – Added panels for MTV (Teen Wolf, Sweet/Vicious), HBO’s Westworld, Amazon (preview panel and The Man in the High Castle), NBC (Midnight Texas, Emerald City), NYCC Live stage interviews (Doctor Who and Teen Wolf) and times for BBC America panels
(Information on autographs, booth activities/offsite events and exclusives can be found by clicking here!)
What’s different for NYCC 2016
- It’s not sold out yet! Thursday badges are available so remember to register first.
- New York Super Week is being renamed “NYCC presents.” NYCC presents are events that do not require a NYCC badge and are held at some off-site location.
- NYCC is taking over even more of the city! Capacity is an issue at the Javits Center so they continue to expand their footprint outside of Javits. Make sure you budget the time to make your way out of Javits, over to the new venue and go through security/badge check!
- The biggest panels will be at The Theater at Madison Square Garden (7th Ave between 31st st and 33rd street)
- [UPDATE] Take 31st to 7th Ave since that’s the path the queue will take. Also, they do NOT allow outside food or beverage and they will not be clearing out the auditorium between panels.
- The Hammerstein Ballroom will be used all weekend (34th street between 9th Ave and 8th Ave)
- [UPDATE] The line will form along 34th street. Also, they do NOT allow outside food or beverage and they will not be clearing out the auditorium between panels.
- Book panels and publishers will be moved to the Hudson Mercantile for Book Con @ NYCC (36th just west of 10th)
- NYCC always takes security seriously and the restrictions on cosplay weapons and armor have changed. Check out the cosplay FAQ on the website for current details and some additional rules for The Theater at Madison Square Garden.
- Some of the biggest panels are held at the Javits’ Main stage and NYCC has a new procedure to get into those panels (panels at the Theater at Madison Square Garden and the Hammerstein Ballroom are NOT included). Like last year, you’ll line up first thing in the morning, but this time, you’ll tap your badge which will be magically encoded with permission to get into the panel. So it’s like a wristband, but it’s your badge. They’ve written out the procedure in more detail which you can read here
- NYCC will have an official Twitter account to help update people on lines (yeah!) Follow @NYCCLines!
October 6 (Thursday)
- 11:00 Starz presents Ash vs Evil Dead – Last year they snuck in a screening of the pilot. What will they have up their sleeve/chainsaw this year? Have a groovy time with Bruce Campbell, Lucy Lawless, Ray Santiago, Dana DeLorenzo, Lee Majors (as Ash’s dad!) and Ted Raimi. (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- 12:15 AMC presents Comic Book Men – Kevin Smith and friends will geek out (Main stage)
- 12:45 Nat Geo’s StarTalk with Neil de Grasse Tyson: Everything You Need to Know (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- [UPDATE]1:30 Amazon Presents – Amazon will preview several upcoming shows including: Sneaky Pete (with Giovanni Ribisi and Graham Yost), The Tick (with Ben Edlund and Barry Josephson), Patriot, Gale Anne Hurd and some special guest and announcements (1A06)
- 2:00 Tales form the TARDIS with Matt Smith, Alex Kingston and Jenna Coleman -Former Doctor Who stars (who are at the autographing tables) will have a chat — which shouldn’t be confused with the official BBC America Doctor Who panel with the current stars on Saturday. (Main stage)
- 2:15 Skybound Entertainment Presents: The Walking Dead with Robert Kirkman – This is a panel about the comic and shouldn’t be confused with the AMC The Walking Dead panel on Saturday. (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- 3:45 The Exorcist – A screening and chat with series star Geena Davis and writer Jeremy Slater. The new Fox series is set after the events in the movie. I’m hearing some spooky things about the show which has an impressive list of top directors. (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- 4:00 Roger Corman’s Death Race 2050 – Roger Corman and Manu Bennett will be on hand to talk about this reboot due out in 2017.
- 5:15 Nickelodeon’s Legends of the Hidden Temple! – Panel will include Kirk Fogg, Dee Bradley Baker, Colin Critchley and Jet Jurgensmeyer. This is probably the oddest show to slate after The Exorcist in the (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- 5:15 Stan Against Evil – IFC will screen the pilot for this show about a disgruntled sheriff forced into retirement. Creator Dana Gould will chat with stars John C. McMcGinley and Janety Varney (1A06)
- 6:45 Archer screening and Q&A with H Jon Benjamin, Aisha Tyler, Jessica Walter, Chris Parnell, Judy Greer, Amber Nash, Lucky Yates, Adam Reed, Matt Thompson and Casey Willis (Hammerstein Ballroom)
October 7 (Friday)
- [UPDATE] 10:30-1:00 BBC America panel block: Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency – First screening of the pilot based on the Douglas Adam novels. Writers and producers Max Landis and Robert Cooper will join Samuel Barnett, Hannah Marks, Jade Eshete, Mpho Koaho and Fiona Dourif (Theater at Madison Square Garden); Class – A Doctor Who spin off with the younger generation. Exec producers Patrick Ness and Brian Minchen will chat with stars Greg Austin, Fady Elsayed, Sophie Hawkins and Vivian Oparah (Theater at Madison Square Garden); Doctor Who – Peter Capaldi and the new campion, Pearl Mackie will be joined by Steven Moffat and Brian Minchin (Theater at Madison Square Garden)
- 10:30 Cartoon Network presents: The FINAL Regular Show panel – Footage and special guests (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- 11:00 Marvel: 50 Years of Black Panther – Ta-Nehisi Coates will be chatting on this panel. He’s is an amazing writer (McArthur genius grant!) and is currently writing the Black Panther comic books and upcoming movie Black Panther.
- 11:00 Star Wars presents: A Writer’s Roundtable – The new Star Wars books are canon (meaning that the stories intersect with the movies) so this is the big panel about the Star Wars universe! Here what Charles Soule, Timothy Zahn, Chuck Windig, Jim Luceno and E.K. Johnston can reveal about what’s ahead. (BookCon @ NYCC)
- 11:00 Stranger Things – Millie Bobby Brown and David Harbour will chat about Eggos and more (Main Stage)
- 11:30 Cartoon Network presents: Steven Universe – Creator Rebecca Sugar will have special clips (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- 12:15 Jack Gleeson spotlight – Ah, the character all Game of Thrones fans love to hate! Hear Jack spill the beans on life as King Joffrey (1A06)
- 12:15 Lost Girl: The Doccubus panel with Anna Silk and Zoie Palmer (1A21)
- [UPDATE]12:30 Sweet/Vicious – MTV is previewing their new superhero show with stars Eliza Bennett, Taylor Dearden, Brandon Mychal Smith, Nick Fink and producer Jenn Kaytin-Robinson (1A10)
- 1:00 Elementary – Jonny Lee Miller, Lucy Liu, Nelsan Ellis and Robert Doherty sense that the game is afoot (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- 1:30 Screen Gems: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter and Underworld: Blood Wars – Screen Gems makes its first NYCC visit with Milla Jovovich, Ali Larter, William Levy and Paul W.S. Anderson representing Resident Evil and Kate Beckinsale, Theo James and Anna Foerster for the latest Underworld entry (The Theater at Madison Square Garden)
- 1:45 An Inside look at People of Earth – A preview of the new TBS show with Wyatt Cenac, Oscar Nunez, Da’Vine Joy Randolph, Tracee Chimo, Alice Wetterlund, Michael Cassidy and producer David Jenkins. (1A10)
- 2:30 DreamWorks Voltron Legacy Defender – Watch the premiere episode of this new Netflix series with producers Joaquim Dos Santos, Lauren Montgomery, writer Tim Hedrick and actors Jeremy Shada and Bex Taylor-Klaus. Attendees will get a limited edition poster (Main stage)
- 2:45 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Rise of the Super Shredder – Ciro Nieli, Rob Paulsen, Greg Cipes, Hoon Lee and Kevin Michael Richardson talk about the latest animated incarnation of the heroes in a half-shell. Turtle power! (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- 2:45 Salem – Shane West, and co-creators Brannon Braga and Adam Simon will unveil new footage before the show’s Halloween week premiere (1A06)
- 3:30 Mr. Robot – Creator Sam Esmail and writer Courtney Looney will talk about the show and the new book tie-in (BookCon @ NYCC)
- 4:15 Hulu’s Shut Eye – New show and not a lot of info other than something about physics (1A10)
- 4:15 Once Upon A Time – Adam and Eddie and unknown cast members will talk Storybrook (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- 4:15 [adult swim] – Get ready for Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell (with Casper Kelly, Dave Willis, Matt Servitto, Dana Snyder and Craig Rowin), DREAM CORP LLC (with Daniel Stessen, John Krasinki, Jon Gries and Nick Rutherford) and The Venture Bros. with Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer (Main Stage)
- 5:30 Starz presents: Black Sails – It’s the final voyage for these pirates as this smart, viscous and sexy series starts its final season in January. Luke Arnold, Hannah New, Jessica Parker Kennedy, Tom Hopper, Clara Paget, Jonathan E. Steinberg and Robert Levin will send off the final Black Sails NYCC panel.
- [UPDATE] 6:15 Doctor Who at the NYCC Live Stage – Peter Capaldi, Pearl Mackie, Steven Moffat and Brian Minchin will chat on the exhibit hall floor (#154)
- 6:30 IDW & Syfy present: Wynonna Earp – Melanie Scrofano, Tim Rozon, Emily Adras and Beau Smith will talk about what’s up for season 2 (1A21)
- 6:30 Beyond – The new Freeform show will screen the pilot and have a chat with exec producers Tim Kring, David Eick, Adam Nussdorf and star Burkely Duffield (1A06)
- 7:30 Marvel Television presents: Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: Ghost Rider – Jeph Loeb and surprise cast members will talk about Ghost Rider and (probably) his cool car (Main Stage)
- 8:00 AMC presents Humans – No word on who’s coming, but they just wrapped production on season 2 of this fascinating show where people routinely employ human-looking robots, but one groups of robots achieves sentience (1A06)
October 8 (Saturday)
- [UPDATE]10:30 Teen Wolf – See Tyler Posey, Holland Roden, Shelley, Hennig, Linden Ashby, Melissa Ponzio and Jeff Davis talk before the final season begins in November (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- 11:30 Inside Gotham with David Mazouz, Erin Richards and Robin Lord Taylor – The Gotham actors will take a break from their autograph booth to chat (Main Stage)
- 12:00 Shadowhunters – It’ll be a full house with Katherine McNamara, Dominic Sherwood, Alberto Rosende, Emeraude Toubia, Matthew Daddario, Harry Shum Jr, Isiah Mustafa, and new showrunners Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer. Exec producer McG will be around as well as they talk about season 2 of the hit Freeform show (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- 12:00 Hulu & Awesomeness TV’s Freakish (1A06)
- 12:30 Dark Matter Cast members will chat about the just-completed second season (1A24)
- 12:30 Netflix presents Black Mirror: Play Test (season 3) – It looks like Netflix is previewing a new episode of this very, very dark and sharp British import. Each episode is a different story with a different cast so strap in for the screening! (1A10)
- 1:30 Graham McTavish spotlight – Graham will take a break from autographing to chat (1A21)
- 1:30 Cartoon Network Costume Ball and Screening – Cartoon Network stars will be on hand to judge a cosplay contest as they showcase new episodes and clips (1A06)
- [UPDATE] 1:30 The Man in the High Castle – Amazon will bring Alexa Davalos, Rufus Sewell, Brennan Brown, DJ Qualls and producer David W. Zucker to talk about where season 2 will go (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- 2:00 Lionsgate: John Wick Chapter 2 and Saban’s Power Rangers – Footage and a chat with the creators and cast for both upcoming movies (Theater at Madison Square Garden)
- 3:00 Syfy panel block: The Expanse & The Magicians – After successful first seasons, these two shows are back to chat about what’s up next (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- 3:00 24: Legacy – See half of the premiere episode and stars Corey Hawkins, Miranda Otto and Jimmy Smits & exec producers Manny Coto, Evan Katz and Howard Gordon chat about the new season (Main Stage)
- 3:30 DreamWorks Trollhunters – Netflix is screening this new series by Guillermo del Toro with cast members Kelsey Grammer, Ron Perlman and Steven Yuen coming in for the Q&A. (Theater at Madison Square Garden)
- [UPDATE] 4:00 Midnight Texas – Screening of the new NBC series based on Charlaine Harri’s books. Stars Francois Arnaud, Dylan Bruce, Paris Fitz-Henley, Arielle Kebell, Sarah Ramos, Peter Mensah and producers Monica Owusu-Breen and David Janollari (1A06)
- [UPDATE] 4:45 Teen Wolf at the NYCC Live stage – Cast members will chat on the exhibit hall floor (#154)
- 5:15 Cartoon Network presents: The Powerpuff Girls – (Room TBD, but it’s at Javits)
- 5:30 AMC’s The Walking Dead – AMC usually brings just about everyone to this panel so let’s see how many ways they can dodge answering who dies in the premier episode? (The Theater at Madison Square Garden)
- [UPDATE]5:30 Emerald City – NBC’s twist on Wizard of Oz will screen the pilot and have stars Vincent D’Onofrio, Adria Arjona, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, David Schuler, Shaun Cassidy and Tarsem Singh (1A10)
- 5:30 Marvel Animation Presents – Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man vs The Sinister Six, Marvel’s Avengers: Ultron Revolution and Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy all under one roof (or panel) (1A06)
- 6:30 Netflix Original Series: Marvel’s Iron Fist – With Netflix/Marvel’s track record, this is another must-see show about one of the heroes of Hell’s Kitchen (Main Stage)
- 6:45 Brat Pack America: A Salute to the 80s Teen Movies – Amy Heckerling, Martha Coolidge and Kevin Smokler will talk about life in the 80’s (1A24)
- 8:00 NYCC Eastern Championships of Cosplay – This is the big cosplay contest. Amazing things and lots of fun! (Main Stage)
October 9 (Sunday)
- 10:30 Marvel’s Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell – World premiere screening! (1A06)
- 11:00 Crackle’s SuperMansion – Keegan Michael-Key, Breckin Meyer, Matthew Senreich and Zeb Wells will be back to talk more about this stop-action comedy (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- 11:00 Disney Press Presents: Disney’s Gravity Falls: Journey into Journal 3 – Quiz Alex Hirsch, Rob Renzetti, Andy Gonsalves and Stephanie Ramirez on what’s happening in Gravity Falls (Main Stage)
- 11:00 Outsiders – Cast and crew will preview the new season. Expect to see Peter Mattei, Peter Tolan, David Morse, Ryan Hurst, Gillian Alexy, Thomas M. Wright, Kyle Gallner and Christina Jackson (1A10)
- 11:15 Falling Water – USA’s new show about three strangers who share a dream (1A10)
- 12:15 NBC’s Timeless – Screening and Q&A with Matt Lanter, Malcolm Barrett, Goran Visnjic and Eric Kripke about this new show about a fugitive trying to re-write history.
- 12:15 Underground – Aldis Hodge, Christopher Meloni, Alano Miller, Jessica de Gouw, Amirah Vann and Joe Pokaski, Anthony Hemingway, Akiva Goldsman and Mike Jackson will bring exclusive footage and talk season 2 of the groundbreaking show (1A10)
- 12:30 FX Networks presents: Legion – The first live-action X-Men TV show will be run by Fargo’s Noah Hawley. Yep, I’ve already blocked off my calendar. Oh, Downton Abbey’s Dan Stevens is one of the mutants (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- 2:00 Son of Zorn – Creators (Sally Bradford McKenna, Eric Appel) and stars (Cheryl Hines, Tim Meadows and Johnny Pemberton) will screen the new episode and stay for a chat (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- [UPDATE] 3:30 HBO’s Westworld – This TWO hour panel will screen the second episode and have a chat with showrunners Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy and stars Thandie Newton, Jeffrey Wright and Jimmi Simpson and more cast members to be announced. (Hammerstein Ballroom)
- 4:00 Welcome to Lucha Underground – El Rey is launching a wrestling series focusing on the lucha libre style.
- 4:15 Sleepy Hollow – Producers Len Wiseman, Albert Kim and Raven Metzner along with stars Tom Mison, Lyndie Greenwood, Janina Gavankar and Jeremy Davies try to explain what life will be like without Abbie Mills this season (Main stage)
Just a few things going on, right?
Stay tuned for more updates!
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or find me on Twitter as @camber where I’ll tweet out more frequent updates.
Share on Facebook