New York Comic Con (NYCC) is one of the biggest and funnest pop culture conventions! The event is so huge that they’ve outgrown the Javits Convention Center and a four-day weekend so we now have New York Super Week (NYSW). NYSW is a week-long collection of all sort of fun events spread across the city. We have a month to go before all the fun begins and NYCC just released their schedule!
While I love NYCC and NYSW, their websites are a huge pain; its slow, ad-laden and it always resets back to the start so browsing takes forever. Also the NYSW site can be filtered by venue which makes no sense. To save you some pain, here are the highlights which I’ll update since we’re bound to get a lot of exciting announcements before NYCC finally kicks off on October 8th!
HINT: The NYCC app is much quicker, frequently updated and has the NYSW schedule so make sure you download it!
- 9/9 – Added WB TV screenings and panels (Gotham, Supergirl, Person of Interest, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Blindspot, Containment, Lucifer and Wabbit), Billie Piper to the autograph list
- 9/10 – Added Fox TV panels (X-Files, Minority Report, Sleepy Hollow, Bordertown and Lookinglass) including an X-Files screening! Ah!!!!!!!
- 9/11 – Added Marvel TV panels (Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, Marvel’s Agent Carter, Marvel’s Daredevil, Marvel’s Jessica Jones). Also, added Stephanie Meyer added to panels and autograph list
- 9/14 – Online tickets are now SOLD OUT! Added Mezco exclusives and updated panel info for Stephanie Meyer and Underground
- 9/15 – Added Ash vs. Evil Dead, other Hammerstein Ballroom panels (Adventure Time, Elementary, Limitless, Colony, Mr. Robot), Venture Bros and Robot Chicken.
- 9/17 – Added MTV’s panels for Teen Wolf and The Shannara Chronicles. Also included From Dusk ‘Till Dawn: The Series, Batman: Bad Blood
and free Adult Swim after parties (look under New York Super Week events).
- 9/20 – Midtown Comics on Fulton is selling the last badges for NYCC today! Added Rock Band 4 party to NYSW events and Last Witch Hunter to NYCC panels. Autographs and exclusives are now listed in a separate post which you can visit here.
- 9/23 – Added NYSW events: Childhood’s End screening/Q&A and Blade Rave (party like a vampire!). Cancellation for The League and added cast to the Jessica Jones and X-Files panel, Boruto screening (which gets you into the signing), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle panel and Cartoon Network costume contest.
- 9/24 – Added Syfy panels (The Expanse, Hunters)
- 9/25 – Added Sarah Michelle Gellar to the Star Wars Rebels panel. Also added Syfy’s The Magicians
- 9/28 – Added NYSW food tie-ins at local restaurants and the Comixology party. Added Syfy’s 12 Monkeys and updated guests for all the Syfy panels. Also added The Splat and The Final Girls panel.
- 10/1 – Added The Man in High Castle to NYSW and NYCC
- 10/5 – Final update! Follow me on Twitter (@Cambear) for more news since I will begin traveling and can’t post everything. Add the Black Sails offsite event to NYSW and a Doctor Who screening to NYCC.
New York Super Week events
NYSW events are separately ticked from NYCC so anyone can attend these events. Visit their official website for more details on events and a discount card.
October 3 (Saturday)
- ESL One – ESL One is a huge esports gaming competition which returns to the Theater at Madison Square Garden. With a million dollar in prizes, some of the best egamers are in attendance so fans can watch them play, get autographs, participate in strategy sessions and even play against them. This event begins on October 3 and runs for multiple days.
October 6 (Tuesday)
- Starting today until Sunday, several restaurants are offering up some special menu items:
- Eataly – Show your NYSW card or your NYCC badge to get a free Dr. Cone-Evil (mini gelato cone) with Nutella and rolled in hazelnuts when you buy a Nutella Crepe Crusader (ie..any Nutella crepe on the menu)
- No. 7 – This NYC sandwich shop will over a “You Fight to Win Guardian” sub at three locations (Ace Hotel, Plaza Food Hall and Brooklyn Bridge Park). There’s also a 10% discount at any location if you flash your NYSW card.
- Serendity 3 – Super-dipity Frrrozen Hot BLUE Chocolate is a twist on their Frrrozen Hot White Chocolate.
- Two Boots Pizza will have a “super” pizza while the Fantastic Pour will have some special drinks served at The Bistro at the Central Park Courtyard Marriott.
- Wikia Fantasy Food Truck will be back with fan-selected fictional foods from Fallout, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls and Warframe. The fun begins on Thursday at 2 pm.
October 6 (Tuesday)
- Gilbert Gottfried’s Amazing Colossal Podcast LIVE with Special Guest Jim Norton
- This Week in Marvel Live Podcast – Taking place in Times Square, Agent M promises lots of fun guests, news and giveaways for all. (Free event)
- Childhood’s End – Screening and Q&A with cast and creatives
October 7 (Wednesday)
- Team Arrow: A Sincerious Premiere Viewing Party – Re-watch the season last finale with fellow Arrow fans and raise money for The Hope and Heroes Children’s Cancer Fund.
- The Hunger Games Live Podcast and Trivia – Takes place at the Hunger Games Exhibition which is an collection of props and costumes from the movies.
- Muppet Vault – ToughPigs is hosting a celebration of classic and rare Muppets clips.
October 8 (Thursday)
- SuperMansion – From the creators of Robot Chicken, this new show debuts on Crackle. This special screening features the first three episodes starring the voice talents of Bryan Cranston and Seth Green.
- Thrilling Adventure Hour Presents: The WorkJuice Improve Experience – The Thrilling Adventure group is partnering with some of the WorkJuice troop so look for Paul F. Tompkins, Craig Cackowski, Scott Adsit, Janet Varney, Hal Lubin, Mark Gagliardi and more.
- Robot Chicken Season 8 Party – Sponsored by (this is genius) KFC, join Robot Chicken co-creators Seth Green and Matthew Senreich for a look at the new season, the world premiere of Robot Chicken DC Comics Special III: Magical Friendship. Register at www.adultswimpresents.com to join in the party which includes free bowling, prizes and a DJ set by The Rub. First 100 people also get 2 drink tickets. This will be held at Brooklyn Bowl at 6 pm.
- Rock Band 4 Super Week Super Party – Rock out at the Hard Rock to celebrate Rock Band 4’s launch. They will be raffling off some Rock Band 4 guitars signed by the Harmonix developers.
October 9 (Friday)
- The Walking Dead fan premiere – This is the big event of NYSW with over 30 cast members at Madison Square Garden! Attendees will see the season 6 premiere and hear a Q&A afterwards. Tickets are not available for sale, but you can enter daily for a chance to win tickets and you can watch NYSW and NYCC social media for additional chances.
- Kristian Nairn: Live DJ Set and MUCH more – Some of the biggest Game of Thrones fan sits will host a Q&A with Kristian (Hodor) and other guests. (Finn Jones and Keisha Castle-Hughes are among the Game of Thrones alumni at NYCC this year). Afterwards, Kristian will spin tunes.
- Thrilling Adventure Hour Presents: POW! Sparks Nevada Live -Focuses on the first 2 issues of the Sparks Nevada comic.
- Masashi Kishimoto signing – Want to meet the creator of Naruto? Tickets are sold out at the Kinokuniya Bookstore, but you can catch him at Barnes & Noble in Tribeca.
- Blade rave – The Crystal Method headlines this 1998 rave from BBQ Films. It’ll be a scene out of Deacon Frost’s lair as Blade plays with Blade characters roaming the party.
- [UPDATE] Black Sails – Rum for everyone! Black Sails and Den of Iniquity are hosting a marathon of the first two seasons of the Starz show on Friday and Saturday. There will be games, prizes and free rum cocktails from noon to 10 pm (drinks from 6 pm to 9 pm) at Hudson Station Bar & Grill at 9th and 35th (440 9th Ave.)
October 10 (Saturday)
- Hollywood Babble on Live! – Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman babble on
- Comixologist Podcast Party – The live podcast will include limited edition giveaways and free drinks starting at 8 pm at Tir na nOg on 39th between 8th and 0th.
- Thrilling Adventure Hour Presents: CLINK! Beyond Belief – This edition is sold out and will focus on the first two issues of Beyond Belief comics with the addition of Paget Brewster in the ensemble.
- Adult Swim Tyrannic – The second annual Hudson cruise held by Adult Swim, there will be a live performance by a secret musical guest as you cruise around Manhattan in the company of Adult Swim cast and creators.
- The Man in High Castle – There will be a screening and a Q&A with the cast (Alexa Davalos, Luke Kleintank, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Joel De La Fuente and DJ Qualls) and producer Frank Spotnitz at the IFC Center.
New York Comic Con panels
For the rest of these events, you need a NYCC badge to attend. I know some people are looking to buy badges from online auction or ticket broker sites. Please be careful as legit badges have a special microchip and EVERYONE needs to pre-register and tap in and out each day — fake badges are easily caught.
Here are the schedule highlights, keeping in mind that not everything is listed yet. Ninja Turtles and The Walking Dead are announced, but not listed yet.
The Main stage is wristbanded and cleared between panels. Wristbands are given out in the morning when the line reaches capacity. Read here for more details. NYCC continues to outgrow Javits so panels will be held Friday and Saturday at the Hammerstein Ballroom (34th and 8th). And, yes, you will need your badge to attend these panels. It’s walking distance, but allow enough time to navigate the crowds to get there.
- 12:15-1:15 Comic Book Men – Perennial con man Kevin Smith and his crew talk geek. (Empire)
- 12:15-1:15 12 Monkeys – Syfy’s thoughtful and trippy time travel/world-ending virus/conspiracy show is back! Hear executive producer Terry Matalas and stars Aaron Stanford, Amanda Schull, Kick Acevedo, Emily Hampshire, Barbara Sukowa and Todd Stashwick talk about the new season and also preview some season 2 footage. (Main)
- 1:15-2:45 Stephanie Meyer – Celebrating 10 years of Twilight with a new special edition of the book.
- 1:30-2:30 Star Wars Rebels – Talk about what’s coming up for season 2. Sarah Michelle Gellar announced on Twitter that she’ll be on the panel which also includes Taylor Gray (Ezra Bridger), Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka Tano) and executive producer Dave Filoni. (Empire)
- The Final Girls – Malin Akerman and director Todd Strauss -Schulson are bringing clips and conversation about this new film.
- 2:00-3:00 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – The panel features the voice cast (Seth Green, Rob Paulsen, Greg Cipes, Hoon Lee and Eric Bauza), along with executive producers Ciro Nieli and Brandon Auman. (Main)
3:45-4:45 The League -FXX will screen the next episode with the cast on hand to chat afterwards. (Main)Cancelled
- 4:00-5:00 Game of Thrones – Finn Jones (Ser Loras), Natalie Dormer (Queen Margaery) and Keisha Castle-Hughes (Obara Sand) will NOT talk about the next season and NOT talk about Jon Snow, but it’ll be fun to see them artfully dodge the questions anyway. (Empire)
- 4:00-5:20 The Expanse – Cast (Thomas Jane, Steven Strait and Florence Faivre) and producers (Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby) will screen the first episode and then talk about this drama set in the future after mankind has colonized space.
- 5:30-6:45 Star Wars Rebels – Screening of the next two episodes of season 2. (Empire)
- 5:30-6:30 An evening with Masahi Kishimoto – Find out about all things Naruto from the source. (Main)
- 5:30-6:30 Hunters – Syfy’s new show produced by The Walking Dead’s Gale Anne Hurd and 12 Monkey’s Natalie Chaidez, the panel will show some clips and have a Q&A with the star of the show (Britne Oldford) and the prosthetics creator Justin Dix.
- 7:00-8:00 Legends – Officially titled “Sean Bean Brings Legends to NYCC,” I’m guessing Sean Bean will be here. (He was the only one missing at the San Diego panel last year). (Empire)
- 7:00-8:00 Banshee – Antony Starr, Ivana Millicevic, Matt Servitto, Frankie Faison and new cast member Eliza Dushku kick off the final season of this show.
- 7:15-9:30 Warner Bros. TV screenings – Watch the first episodes for Supergirl, Containment and Lucifer and a sneak peak of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. (Main)
- 11:00-12:15 Pretty Little Liars and Stitchers – The hit show is bringing all 5 Liars in their NYCC debut. Stitchers is a show that just got renewed so it’s nice that they get the benefit of the huge Liars fan base.
- 11:00-12:30 The Librarians – The 5 Librarians (Rebecca Romijn, Christian Kane, John Kim, Lindy Booth and John Larroquette) are all returning after a successful romp of a first season. Also stay for a sneak peak at TNT’s new show, Agent X staring Sharon Stone. (Empire)
- 11:30-1:00 Adventure Time – Sneak peak at the new season with Olivia Olson, Jeremy Shada, John DiMaggio, Adam Muto and Rebecca Sugar. (Hammerstein)
- 12:30-1:30 Cassandra Clare spotlight – The best-selling author will give fans a chance to ask questions about her new book, The Copper Gauntlet and the upcoming Lady Midnight which will have its cover unveiled. She’ll also be on the Shadowhunters panel.
- 1:30-3:00 Elementary and Limitless – Elementary stars (Jonny Lee Miller, Lucy Liu and Jon Noble) will preview footage with creator Robert Doherty. Limitless will also preview footage with stars Jake McDorman and Jennifer Carpenter on hand. (Hammerstein)
- 1:45-2:45 Seth Meyers – Vulture will be interviewing the funny man/talk show host.
- 2:30-3:15 The Venture Bros. – Adult Swim is back with co-creators Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer. (Main)
- 3:30-4:15 Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter – A first look at the new Adult Swim series with creator and star Jon Glaser and cast members Scott Adsit, Stephanie March, Steve Little and Steve Cirbus. (Main)
- 3:30-6:00 Colony and Mr. Robot – This will be a screening of Colony with a chat with Carlton Cuse, Ryan Condal, Josh Holloway and Sarah Wayne Callis. Then Mr. Robot will have a chat with cast and creators including Sam Esmail, Christian Slater, Carly Chaikin and Portia Doubleday . (Hammerstein)
- 4:15-5:15 The Man in High Castle – Amazon Originals makes its first trip to NYCC with this new show. The cast (Alexa Davalos, Luke Kleintank, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Joel De La Fuente and DJ Qualls) and producer Frank Spotnitz will unveil a new trailer and talk about what life would be if the Nazi’s won WWII. They are also live streaming this one so if you can’t get into the room (it’s a smaller one), it’ll be out there.
- 4:30-5:15 Robot Chicken – Join Seth Green, Matthew Senreich, Tom Root, Breckin Meyer and Tom Sheppard as they talk about the new season. (Main).
- 4:30-5:30 Once Upon A Time -Creators Adam Horowitz and Eddie Kitsis will be back with Jennifer Morrison. (Empire)
- 5:45-6:45 Teen Wolf – MTV is bringing the wolf pack to NYCC! No word yet on just who’s coming beyond “cast and creatives.” (Empire)
- 6:00-7:15 Marvel Television: Agents of Primetime – Screening of the season premiere of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD and previews for what’s ahead for Marvel’s Agent Carter as Peggy and Jarvis head to LA. So far, Jeph Loeb is the only officially announced guest. (Main)
- 6:45-7:30 Angie Tribeca – See a sneak preview of the Steve Carell-produced drama staring Rashida Jones. Rashida is scheduled to attend.
- 7:00-8:00 Con Man – The record-breaking crowd-funding series is available on Vimeo on demand. Alan Tudyk, Nathan Fillion, PJ Haarsma, Felicia Day and others will talk about this dream project. (Empire)
- 8:00-9:00 Batman: Bad Blood – No, the caped crusader hasn’t joined Taylor Swift’s squad goals. This is the newest animated original movie which will be previewed and discussed by the voice cast including Jason O’Mara.
- 11:00-12:00 Shadowhunters – ABC Family is bringing the main cast to screen the first footage from the new series based on the best-selling Mortal Instruments books by Cassandra Clare. (Empire)
- 11:00-12:00 Into the Badlands – AMC is bringing its Kung-Fu show for a sneak peak and chat with the cast which includes Daniel Wu, Aramis Knight and Marton Csokas.
- 11:15-12:15 Thrilling Adventure Hour – If you couldn’t get into the shows, you can at least see the panel.
- 11:30-2:00 Boruto: Naruto the Movie premiere – The first 100 attendees will get into the Saturday autograph session with creator Masashi Kishimoto. (Hammerstein)
- 12:15-1:15 The Shannara Chronicles – MTV is swinging for the fences with this big, high fantasy series based on the best-selling books by Terry Brooks. No word on who’s on the panel, but Terry Brooks and John Rhys-Davis (Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings) are both at the con around so they are a good bet. (Empire)
- 12:30-12:30 Firefly reunion – Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres and Jewel Staite will talk all things shiny. (Main)
- 1:15-2:30 X-Files – Want to see the first episode 4 months early?!?!?! OMG! They are screening the first episode of the limited season of X-Files! Chris Carter, David Duchovny and Mitch Pileggi will also chat afterwards. (Yes Skinner just confirmed on twitter that he’s coming after “much whining.”) And suddenly The Walking Dead passes the crown on the toughest panel to get into…(Main)
- 1:30-2:30 Outcast – Robert Kirkman will talk about his new show along side series-star Patrick Fugit.
- 1:45-2:45 Clueless 20th anniversary panel – The show’s writer will, like totally pause, to talk about the movie. No word on what other Bettys and Baldwins may attend though they promise “special guests.”
- 3:00-4:00 Ash vs. Evil Dead – Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, Lucy Lawless, Ray Santiago, Dana De Lorenzo and showrunner Craig DiGregorio will take the stage to talk about the highly-anticipated new shows from Starz. Groovy! Also, during the entire con, Ash’s trailer will be parked in front of NYCC so make sure you visit it to see how he’s been hiding out all these years!
- 3:15-4:15 Last Witch Hunter – Vin Diesel, Elijah Wood, Rose Leslie and Breck Eisner will take the stage to talk about this new film. (Main)
- 4:00-5:00 The Magicians – Syfy’s new show about college kids in New York with magical powers. Based on Lev Grossman’s fantasy trilogy, the cast (Jason Ralph, Stella Maeve, Olivia Taylor Dudley, Hale Appleman, Arjun Gupta and Summer Bishii) and executive producers (John McNamara and Sera Gamble) will be on hand to share a first look and then a Q&A.
- 4:15-5:15 Nickelodeon’s The Splat: All That Reunion – Kel Mitchell, Danny Tamberelli, Josh server and Lori Beth Denberg from the sketch comedy series will reunite on stage.
- 5:00-6:45 Netflix: Marvel’s Jessica Jones and Marvel’s Daredevil – This joint panel for the two Hell’s Kitchen Heroes will include Joeph Loeb and probably more. Krysten Ritter tweeted that the “WHOLE Jessica Jones Cast” will be on hand for the panel and Tennantnews confirmed this includes the former Doctor. Woo hoo! (Main)
- 5:15-6:15 From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series – El Rey is bringing its signature show complete with Robert Rodriguez and the cast (DJ Cotrona, Zane Holtz, Eiza Gonzalez, Jesse Garcia, Madison Davenport and Brandon Soo Hoo). (Empire)
- 5:15-6:15 Containment -A midseason show on the CW, this is a screening and then a chat with David Gyasi, Chris Wood, Claudia Black, Hanna Mangan Lawrence and executive producer Julie Plec about this show about life in a quarantined town.
- Cartoon Network costume contest – Dress as your favorite CN character and enjoy sneak peaks from new shows. Steven Universe creator Rebecca Sugar will hand out prizes.
- 7:30-10:00 NYCC Eastern Championship of Cosplay – A huge cosplay competition is always tons of fun!
- 7:45-8:45 Bordertown – Fox’s new animated comedy by (who else?) Seth MacFarlane who will be there with the voice cast including Hank Azaria, Alex Borstein and Nicholas Gonzales.
- [UPDATE] Doctor Who – Screening of the latest episode followed by a chat with writer Toby Whithouse. (Empire)
The Walking Dead – A NYCC staple, the cast will be on hand for one of the most popular panels of the con. It looks like this year the panel is being replaced by the Q&A at the fan premiere.
- 11:00-12:00 Lookinglass – Formerly known as Frankenstein Code, this series stars Rob Kazinsky as a sheriff who’s brought back to life in a younger body with super abilities. Exec producers Howard Gordan and Rand Ravich will join Rob on stage.
- 12:00-1:00 Gravity Falls – The popular Disney XD show will talk about secrets from Journal 3.
- 12:15-1:15 Wabbit – A look at the new Looney Tunes cartoon
- 12:15-1:15 Minority Report – Stark Sands, Meagan Good, Nick Zano, Wilmer Valderrama, Laura Regan and showrunner Kevin Falls will screen the first episode of the series which picks up after the movie’s events end. (Empire)
- 12:45-1:45 SuperMansion – Bryan Cranston and Seth Green will talk about this new show from the creators of Robot Chicken. (Main)
- 1:30-5:30 Warner Bros. TV takeover – a 4 hour panel with a with a massive amount of shows including: Gotham (with Ben McKenzie, Cory Michael Smith, Robin Lord Taylor, Jessica Lucas, James Frain, producer John Stephens), Supergirl (screening of the pilot and then a Q&A with unnamed stars), Blindspot (Jamie Alexander, Sullivan Stapleton, Ashley Johnson Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Rob Brown, Audrey Esparza and executive producer Martin Gero), Person of Interest (Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Amy Acker, Kevin Chapman and Sarah Shahi), DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (debut special footage with Arthur Darvill, Brandon Routh, Ciara Renee, Caity Lotz and exec producers Glen Winter and Phil Klemmer in attendance) (Empire)
- 2:30-3:30 Goosebumps – The beloved kids’ books are hitting the big screen and Jack Black and the cast are on hand to chat about it. (Main)
- 2:45-3:45 Underground – A new WGN America series about a group of slaves escaping during the Civil War. The screening fill be followed by a chat with the creators (which include Misha Green Joe Pokaski and John Legend) and cast members Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Aldis Hodge and Alano Miller.
- 4:15-5:15 Sleepy Hollow – The cast and producers will be back to talk about the new direction for season 3 which is going to change the game for the show. (Main)
So much fun ahead for NYCC and NYSW! Check back as I update this with new news!
Comment below or email me at Erica@MikeTheFanboy.com
For more adventures, follow me on twitter: @Cambear
Share on Facebook