San Diego comic con etiquette and tips!
Guys, on the eve of the start of the con, I just thought I would jot down a few thoughts, etiquette and tips to make sure it’s a successful con.
Now, some might seem like common sense, however I think common sense escapes us when in a mass of 100,000 people and there’s a limited edition Iron Man poster in front of us. Trust me… I know…
So, here are some tips from the Mike The Fanboy Family!
1. For God Sakes Be Careful! I just saw on the news that a woman just got hit by a car… THIS YEAR! Waiting for the Twilight panel. It’s just sad. Guys, nothing and I do mean nothing is worth getting hit by a car for! Not even The Hobbit signing. This poor woman was running back from the store because she was afraid to lose her spot in line even though THERE’S NO OFFICIAL LINE yet! Come on guys! Kristen Stewart isn’t worth losing your life! It just makes me sad…
2. Shower! Okay there are a lot of people in one space. Please make sure and at least hose down once a day. People are stinky, we can’t help it! So, for the sake of others and those around you slap some deodorant on your pits, wash your hair and observe social guidelines for cleanliness!
3. Pack Snacks! There might not be time to make the Game of Thrones panel and run to a panel on the new Doubleday Erotic Adult Novels. Having a new snacks around will help you greatly. Grab a granola bar, a bottle of water and all kinds of goodness.
4. The Buddy System! Tackling the con is a tough tough job and it always helps to do it with a group. This way you know when an exclusive is being given out and you can run on over. Texting is essential to survival!
5. Try and Be Nice To Your Fellow Fanboys! I know, it’s hard. When someone decides to bring a stroller into the madness that is the main convention hall and wants a photo with a random dude in a crappy costume. In fact, it’s hard for me too… but a little respect goes a long long way. So, try and play nice guys! We don’t want any more people hurt at this this con, or stabbed with pens or light sabers or… Well, anything else!
6. Walk Don’t Run! This is hard because I want to tear through the convention floor like the rest of you, but there are small children, wookies, and others who just don’t move as fast as the rest of us. So, be careful and don’t squash anyone. Trust me it can happen!
7. Trolly’s Are The Real Superhero! I’ll tell you the trolly’s are a lifesaver! If you are staying anywhere along the route make sure and keep an eye out for them! This year they are 24 hours! They are safe, easy and efficient. Get a schedule and save your feet from sores and blisters!
8. Take Your Photos But Don’t Block Traffic! One of my pet peeves is that people in costume stand in the middle of a crowded hallway and pose for photos. It blocks the main areas of traffic and causes people to bottleneck horribly. If you want to pose for photos, go outside of the convention floor, the outside hallways are great for that.
9. You Can’t Always Get What You Want! Look, I know we all have our top things to do at SDCC but a secondary plan will save you a lot of heartache. You can’t get into the True Blood panel, okay what’s your second choice. Look at the schedule and figure out what else you wouldn’t mind doing and don’t be sad you didn’t get in, chances are there are 20,000 other people who didn’t get in either!
10. Check Out The ENTIRE Con! I know, I know Warner Bros looks a11 flashy and pretty, but there’s a whole other world out there! Artist Ally, the vendors, small panels. Guys, that stuff is fun too. You will probably find some really awesome Gremlins plush you’re wanted, or see some new up and coming artists. Venture out of your comfort zone!
If anyone has more tips, share them below! Have fun! And be safe kids!
Also, if you see anyone from the Mike The Fanboy Family make sure and say hey!
Share on Facebook