Who doesn’t love their mom? I mean, it’s Mother’s Day and it’s always nice to reflect on all the good time times that you may have had and will have in the future with the person who gave you life.
There are just some mom’s who don’t really have that maternal instinct.
So, in honor of Mother’s Day, I present the top 10 worst moms from movies and television!
10. Lucille Bluth – The maven of Arrested Development would trade her children in for a cool gin and tonic. She always looks out for herself, which is what makes her such a delectable character!
9. Momma (AKA Mrs. Lift) – The title character from Throw Mama From The Train did little to make audiences go, “No! Stop!” Instead everyone went… “Yeah, I get it!”
8. Mrs. Voorhees – In Friday the 13th the original killer wasn’t Jason, it was Mrs. Voorhees. Technically, she was getting back at the camp counselors who let her son “die” but really, how could Jason ever be well adjusted with a crazed killer as his mom?
7. Kate McCallister – KEVIN! Yep, a mom who leaves her son Home Alone over the holidays? Wha? And she did it AGAIN in the sequel! Poor Kevin’s going to be in therapy for years!
6. Mrs. Loomis/Debbie Salt – In Scream 2, Mrs. Loomis who lost a lot of weight teamed up with a kid and went on a killing spree to get revenge for her son Billy. Sound familiar? But let’s be real, she abandoned her son! Ummm could be that why he went crazy? Hmmm ya think?
5. Beverly R. Sutphin – One of the all time great dark comedies, but one of the worst moms ever. Making her families life a living hell after offing everyone who did her husband and kids wrong. Still the best use of Daybreak ever!
4. Gemma Teller Morrow – You know you’re a bad mom, when you son has to threaten you, and eventually… Well… If you haven’t seen the final episode of Sons of Anarchy I won’t spoil it, but let’s say Gemma Teller Morrow isn’t getting a spinoff anytime soon!
3. Joan Crawford – In Mommie Dearest, Faye Dunaway is so over the top mad, it’s beyond funny. But I have to tell ya, every time I see a wire hanger, I still quote her famous line!
2. Norma Bates – Whether it’s on the big or small screen Norman Bates is one crazy cookie. Not that Norman is any better, but let’s face it Norma has served up crazy more than once!
1. Margaret White – One of the best films with one of the worst mother’s ever! Margaret won’t win any Mother of the Year awards, but she did warn her daughter, “They’re all gonna laugh at you!” Words to live by.