Yep, it’s the annual MTF best and worst autograph signers of 2013!
But I’m a positive guy, and so let’s look at the best signers first shall we? Now, to break it down, I polled all the MTF writers, had my ear to the ground and pounded the pavement to cull this list for you all.
Qualifications you may ask? It’s not about signing multiples, it’s honesty who are really cool to their fans, willing to take that extra few minutes and are generally pleasant about it.
So, let’s get to it shall we?
10. Colin Farrell – Now, Colin has always been pretty cool, but this year he’s been everywhere and each time he’s been awesome. Generally speaking, he tries and makes sure that everyone gets one and is taken care of. A total class act!
9. Aaron Paul – Can I just tell you… Aaron Paul is awesome, on the screen and off. I’ve never seen him turn down a request and the way he interacts with fans is super cool. He’s fun, he’s goofy and exactly what you would hope for with any celebrity encounter.
8. The Men of Sons of Anarchy – Not only is Sons of Anarchy one of the best shows on television, but the guys on the show are super great to their fans. Stopping on set, taking time for people. Literally the guys of Samcro, are chill, down to earth, and the kind of guys you want to hang with!
7. Olivia Munn – Last year I got a lot of grief for not including this woman of Magic Mike on the list. I hear it all the time, “Olivia Munn is the sweetest thing ever!” And when she showed up on three different MTF writer’s surveys, okay… I had to include her!
6. Zoe Saldana – I am so impressed by the Star Trek and Avatar star. Her stock is on the rise in Hollywood, but has never forgotten about the people who put her there. There are times when she signs I didn’t get her, but I always see her rush over with a smile on her face.
5. Mark Wahlberg – It’s no secret that this action star is giving out Good Vibrations, but he’s also willing to hang out with his fans. Even when he can’t do it, he apologizes and explains why he can’t. Pretty damn cool.
4. Michael C. Hall – The Dexter star may be scary on screen, but off he’s as cool as a cucumber. Signing autographs, hanging out… In fact, I’ve seen Michael C. Hall sign for an entire theater full of people… He’s just that nice.
3. Daniel Radcliffe - Sure, he’s Harry Potter and yes, he gets mobbed at almost every public appearance, but let me tell you… Daniel is one of the sweetest guys out there. I’ve seen him take things inside to sign, I’ve seen him go down a line and greet people, I’ve even seen him calm a crowd of people down.
2. Norman Reedus – All the cast members of The Walking Dead are pretty nice, but Norman Reedus takes the cake. He always signs and if he sees fans, he can’t help himself but run over, take photos and sign.
1. Tom Cruise – Now, it was hard to pick a number one this year, but I think almost every one of the MTF writers (sans one) had Mr. Tom Cruise on their list. When he is out promoting a project he is super cool, at premiere’s he gives everyone a second of his time, signs something, etc.. He makes sure and gives you a moment and that’s really special!
Malin Akerman, Bryan Cranston, Whoopi Goldberg, Jennifer Carpenter, Mary Louise Parker, Helen Mirren, Keanu Reeves, Stephen Amell, Emma Thompson, Alexander Skarsgard, Anna Paquin, Johnny Galecki, Matt Damon, Zachary Levi, Terrence Howard, Russell Crowe, Mark Ruffalo, Christian Bale, Michael Fassbender, Guillermo del Toro, Robert Downey Jr., Matt Bomer, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Julie Bowen, Jason Ritter, George Clooney.
And let’s give a shout out to the celebrities who were once really difficult but are getting better! The most improved celebrities for 2013 are:
Matthew McConaughey – This Dazed and Confused star has been hit and miss at best, but lately he’s been really great and gets a gold star from this fanboy!
Jane Lynch – The Glee star has been super rough in the past and even now she’s hit and miss… However, even hit and miss is better than she was in the past.
John Goodman – The former Roseanne star has been super difficult in the past but now… He’s becoming more and more cordial.
Emma Watson – The Harry Potter star can be a tad difficult but at her latest premiere’s she been nice.