Vikings are about to raid Comic Con!
The hit History Channel series is heading to Comic Con in a big way and we have the run down for you. I’ve gotten so many emails about everything going on, I wanted to make sure everyone has the full scoop!
While there isn’t a cast signing this year, there will be plenty of things for you to get your drinking horns out for.
Speaking of the drinking horns, this year they are even cooler than last year! History sent over a sneak peak, and they are awesome!
Make sure and pick one up!
Check out all the info below!
HISTORY(r)’s hit scripted drama series VIKINGS returns to San Diego Comic Con with several exciting opportunities for fans, including a panel with exclusive season four footage, a “bludgeon booth” at the convention center, drinking horns and a Vikings Longship.
HISTORY’s VIKINGS PANEL: Friday, July 10 from 3:30-4:30 p.m., Room 6A
Vikings returns to SDCC fresh from the season four set. Travis Fimmel (Ragnar), Katheryn Winnick (Lagertha), Clive Standen (Rollo) and Alexander Ludwig (Bjorn) along with Michael Hirst (writer/creator) and Dirk Hoogstra (EVP & General Manager, HISTORY) will reveal an exclusive sneak peek of the new season. Don’t miss out – come join them and find out what the gods have in store for season four!
VIKINGS BLUDGEON BOOTH – CONVENTION CENTER
Vikings will be in booth #437 with a cinematic Instagram booth, allowing fans to create their own special effects Viking battle.
* The Bludgeon Booth is a walk-in glass and wooden structure, equipped with multiple ultra-slow motion cameras
* Fans dress in authentic costume, choose their opponent and then swing their Viking weapon to unleash special-effect blood splatter; cameras capture cinema-quality footage, which is compiled by on-site editors and integrated into a battle scene from the show
* 15s clips depicting a Viking battle are sharable via Instagram and other social platforms
A Shield Maiden at the Vikings Experience
VIKINGS HORNS – GASLAMP DISTRICT
Last year’s successful Vikings drinking horn program returns, giving thousands of horn-shaped beer vessels to eager and thirsty fans.
* Select local bars will offer special drink discounts for horn-holders
* Vikings Brand Ambassadors and Shield Maidens will distribute the horns throughout the Gaslamp District
VIKINGS LONGSHIP – DOWNTOWN / GASLAMP DISTRICT
Let fans conquer San Diego aboard a Vikings Longship, driving through Downtown, Gaslamp Quarter and sailing the harbor.
* Custom fabrication and boat wrap will transform a popular San Diego “Seal Boat” into a Vikings Longship
* The boat will offer fans free stops to select Gaslamp locations, with fans receiving a Vikings Drinking Horn at the conclusion of the ride. Exact stops TBA.
* Select fans will also have a chance to win a sunset cruise aboard the Longship with the cast of Vikings.
Please join in the conversation by using hashtag #VikingsSDCC @HistoryVikings
VIKINGS Season Four is currently in production in Ireland and is slated to return in 2016 on HISTORY.