Greetings fellow Strain addicts! I’m sure by now you are all well aware of the devastated loss we suffered over the weekend. The finale was absolutely amazing, but we were all bummed to see our sweet Nora Martinez leave. She will be missed dearly next season. I know her death was a total shock to almost all the fans out there. The stunning Mia Maestro embraced Nora’s character brilliantly. We all fell in love with her. She may have seemed faint hearted at first, but she soon became one of our favorite badasses on the show. Let’s look back at some of the things that made her so special the past two seasons.
6 Reasons why we will miss Nora Martinez next season on The Strain
1) Nora was not just a pretty face. She was an amazing Doctor, and created the bioweapon along with
2) Her extreme kindness and compassion helped maintain their humanity. Nora held the group together.
CR: Michael Gibson/FX
3) Nora turned into an awesome vampire slayer. She went from not hurting a fly to beheading her own infected mother. Nora totally stepped up to the plate and did what was necessary.
4) Her respect and open mind earned the trust of the most difficult and stubborn human beings, Professor Setrakian. Nora was trusted by Professor Setrakian to hold one of his deepest secrets.
5) Nora became the mother figure Zach lacked after Kelly turned into a Strigoi. She always looked out for him and put her life on the line to protect Zach.
6) She fought until the bitter end. Nora went out like a true champ. RIP Nora Martinez.
Mia Maestro held a Twitter Q&A following the finale. If you are interested in reading about her behind the scenes experiences or see what she’ll be doing next, head out to Twitter nation. Follow Mia Maestro at @miamaestro. She was super sweet and answered as many questions as possible. We may have lost her on The Strain, but that doesn’t mean you can’t keep in touch with her on Twitter. We wish her nothing but the best on all her future projects and adventures. Thanks for the ride Mia! =)
Share on Facebook