There was so much fun at YALLWest 2018 and, as promised, here’s a look at my book haul! Lots of great books to look forward to this year!
Ok, here are the glorious books I picked up at YALLWest 2018!
Lots of exciting titles, right? Let’s take a look at what’s ahead, shall we?
I’m going to start with a beginning, middle and end for three series.
- The Outcast by Taran Matharu – I haven’t read the popular Summoner fantasy series, but this fourth book is actually a prequel which means new readers can start with this book which features magic and demons.
- Midnight Jewel by Richelle Mead – This is the second book in The Glittering Court series which continues with The Emerarld Sea in June. Court intrigues, a prince in disguise, lots of fun stuff here!
- Bright We Burn by Kiersten White (July) – The final book in The Conqueror’s Saga trilogy about a blood thirsty girl which is a gender-reversed twist on the legend of Vlad the Impaler.
Not in the mood for a series? Here are some stand-alone, contemporary romances:
- Chemistry Lessons by Meredith Goldstein (June) – A broken-hearted girl continues her mom’s experiments with pheromones to get her guy back.
- What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera (October) – These two actual BFFs are writing a love story between two guys in NYC.
- The Geography of Lost Things by Jessica Brody (October) – A road trip, an ex-boyfriend and an adventure that relies on the kindness of strangers.
- Odd One Out by Nic Stone (October) – A romance with three teens: the new girl and two BFFs (a boy and a girl) and a whole mess of complications.
- Ship It by Britta Lundin – Fans, shippers and a romance! I hear a lot of cute things about this book from one of the writers of Riverdale.
Not in the mood for romance? Here are some contemporary stories with a different vibe:
- The Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik by David Arnold (May) – Noah gets hypnotized and then strange things happen.
- Sadie by Courtney Summers (September) – A sister is out for justice when her little sister dies.
- See All the Stars by Kit Frick (August) – Part thriller and part love story, Ellory is alone after a Big Incident tore about her friends. Now she has to sort out what happened to move forward.
Want something a little more fantastic? A little more out there?
- My Plain Jane by Jodi Meadows, Cynthia Hand and Brody Ashton (June) – The Lady Janies are back with a new and different take on Jane Eyre.
- Give the Dark My Love by Beth Revis (September) – A new fantasy series featuring a girl trying to learn alchemy to stop a plague when she finds she might have to go to more extremes.
- Rule by Ellen Goodlett (September) – Three girls learn that they are potential heirs to the kingdom and they must compete for the crown.
- Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl (June)- A supernatural mystery/thriller you can read more about here.
- Seafire by Natalie C Parker (August) – The publisher is pitching this as Wonder Woman on the high seas. Enough said.
- Sweet Black Waves by Kristina Perez (June) – Two kingdoms at war and Branwen accidentally saves one of the enemy which triggers her healing powers.
- Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean (November) – Asian-inspired fantasy where the girl who survives the competition marrieds the prince and becomes the empress. Only Mari has a secret and the prince doesn’t want to rule.
- City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab (August) – A middle grade debut for the popular author, this is about a girl who can see ghosts and learns she has a mission.
Thanks to Get Underlined, Epic Reads, Penguin Teen, Fierce Reads, Disney Hyperion, Scholastic, HMH Teen and Riveted Lit for all the books!
See you next year, YALLWest!
Share on Facebook