Contest Time! Win Thanks For The Memories: The Bob Hope Specials 6 DVD Set! Perfect For The Holidays!
Last week we had our amazing week of giveaways which is still going strong. Tomorrow we’re going to have our final Holiday Gift Guide but first our friends at Time Life, who have been so awesome to us here at MTF throughout the years, have given us some awesome swag to giveaway!
Thanks for the Memories: The Bob Hope Specials came out earlier this year in a six disc set and it’s the perfect gift for the holidays. I know that comedy never goes out of fashion and if you’re looking for something for your parents or grandparents this is a wonderful gift. Not only do these classic episodes and specials being back so many memories but it’s something the entire family can watch together!
TIME LIFE RELEASES THE VERY BEST OF
BOB HOPE’S TELEVISION SPECIALS IN ONE,
STAR-STUDDED COLLECTOR’S SET
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES: THE BOB HOPE SPECIALS
6 Entertaining DVDs Filled With 13 Unforgettable Comedy-Variety Specials Spanning Five Decades With Dozens of Celebrity Guests Including Jack Benny, Bing Crosby, Desi Arnaz, Lucille Ball, James Cagney, Tony Bennett, Barbra Streisand, Dean Martin, George Burns, Sammy Davis Jr., Groucho Marx, Don Rickles, John Wayne, Johnny Carson, Presidents Truman, Kennedy and Clinton and Many More!
Bob Hope, the greatest entertainer of the 20th century, moved from Broadway to radio to movies to television as easily as a pro golfer sinking a two-foot putt. There was no better showcase for his prodigious talents then his NBC comedy-variety TV specials, which began in 1950 and spanned five decades and ten presidential administrations from Harry Truman to Bill Clinton. Hope’s hilarious TV specials – many of which are still among the most watched shows of all time — became a vehicle for the stars of the day and defined the variety show for generations of loyal fans. Whether he was ringing in the festive Christmas season with the biggest celebrities in Hollywood, along with major figures from the worlds of sports, music and politics, or bringing a taste of home to servicemen and women scattered thousands of miles from their families with his legendary USO shows, Hope’s warmth and goodwill knew no boundaries. He knew, whether home or abroad, laughter was truly the best medicine. And, for more than 50 years, Hope served it up like no other entertainer in history.
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES: THE BOB HOPE SPECIALS features 13 digitally restored and unedited specials from Bob’s career, including (in chronological order):
- The Bob Hope Chevy Show — Original Air Date: October 21, 1956
- A Bob Hope Comedy Special — Original Air Date: September 27, 1963
- A Bob Hope Comedy Special — Original Air Date: December 15, 1965
- Chrysler Presents A Bob Hope Comedy Special — Original Air Date: October 19, 1966
- Chrysler Presents A Bob Hope Comedy Special — Original Air Date: February 15, 1967
- The Bob Hope Christmas Special — Original Air Date: January 18, 1968
- Highlights of a Quarter Century of Bob Hope on Television — Original Air Date: October 24, 1975
- Joys (A Comedy Whodunit) — Original Air Date: March 5, 1976
- Bob Hope’s World of Comedy — Original Air Date: October 29, 1976
- Texaco Presents The Bob Hope All-Star Christmas Comedy Special — Original Air Date: December 19, 1977
- The Hilarious Unrehearsed Antics of the Stars — Original Air Date: September 28, 1984
- Bob Hope: The First 90 Years — Original Air Date: May 14, 1993
- Bob Hope…Laughing with the Presidents — Original Air Date: November 23, 1996
Highlights from those programs include:
- Bob’s first studio comedy special “in living color” with guests Jack Benny, Bing Crosby, and Janet Leigh
- The Bob Hope Chevy Show with the entire cast of “I Love Lucy” — Desi Arnaz, Lucille Ball, Vivian Vance, and William Frawley, plus James Cagney and Diana Dors
- A hilarious spoof of Star Wars and other sketches with Tony Bennett, Perry Como, James Garner, Mark Hamill, Dean Martin, Olivia Newton-John, Barbra Streisand, Tuesday Weld, The Muppets, and others
- The murder-mystery parody Joys (A Comedy Whodunit) with nearly fifty guest stars including Charo, Milton Berle, Dean Martin, Don Rickles, George Gobel, Alan King, Don Knotts, Groucho Marx, Vincent Price and Freddie Prinze
- The best of the bloopers from 30 years of Bob’s shows with George Burns, Sammy Davis Jr., Angie Dickinson, Phyllis Diller, Burt Reynolds, Don Rickles, Brooke Shields, Elizabeth Taylor, Mr. T, John Wayne, and many more
- Bob’s 1967 USO tour to 22 bases around Vietnam, Thailand and the South Pacific in 15 days with special guest Raquel Welch
- Highlights from over 25 years of specials in Bob Hope’s World of Comedy and the celebration Highlights of a Quarter Century of Bob Hope on Television
- A look at Bob’s personal relationships with American presidents including Franklin D. Roosevelt, Bill Clinton, John F. Kennedy, and Harry S. Truman
- Bob Hope’s 90th birthday celebration featuring tributes by Johnny Carson, George Burns and many more!
- Shanks for the Memory — The world of golf according to Bob Hope, which includes historic clips of Bob with Bing Crosby, presidents and pros on courses around the world, and special appearances by President Gerald Ford, pro golfers Arnold Palmer, Ben Hogan, and Jack Nicklaus.
Now, I know you want to win!
First off, YOU MUST BE A FACEBOOK FAN TO WIN!
So, like the Mike The Fanboy page on Facebook and then use the rafflecopter form to enter!
Also check out Thanks for the Memories: The Bob Hope Specials on Amazon!
Enter Below!Share on Facebook
I like that Bob spent so much time entertaining the troops overseas. He especially put himself in danger during the Vietnam war.
That he did so much work and entertaining with our Troops.
I loved Bob Hope’s sense of humor and his long standing involvement in USO! Thank you for the chance to win!
always liked his sarcasm
He was funny and entertained our troops.
I loved his Road films with Bing Crosby
I loved his sense of humor. I loved his innocence. And I loved how he loved the troops. He loved, respected, and cherished them. He made them feel special. I love how he had a huge heart.
I loved his show and movies! His humor was effortless
I loved most of his jokes as they were all clean
I liked how he did so many USO shows overseas for the troops.