The Top 10 Worst Autograph Signers And Least Fan Friendly Celebrities! Tom Hanks! Anthony Mackie! Emilia Clarke! And More!
Well, we had the best and now… You have to have the worst right?
The top 10 least fan friendly celebrities, they won’t life a finger let alone a sharpie for fans!
Again, we base the list by polling all our writers and contributors as well as by what I hear from reliable sources. We count events that are public and accessible to fans. I really don’t look at things like the airport or hotels or when someone is on their private time. Celebrities are people too.
Anyway, let’s get on with it right?
10. Tom Hanks – The man America refers to as “Mr. Nice Guy” just isn’t. He would prefer that he would never have to look at fans and at premiere’s has now resorted to taking a photo of the screaming crowd and smiling as opposed to signing anything. Wow… Thanks?
9. Anthony Mackie – Captain America’s Falcon is one of the rudest people you could encounter. Recently at a charity event Anthony was forced to sign by his publicist and did he sign? Nope. He only wrote his character, Falcon on any Marvel item. Okayyyyyyy… Here’s a tip if you don’t want to be famous, don’t be an actor!
8. Reese Witherspoon – Ms. Legally Blonde has been okay in the past, but this year while promoting Wild was downright unapproachable. She wasn’t even going to sign at the Hot Pursuit premiere until she was showed up by her equally hard to get co-star. Come on Elle Woods! Everyone already knows who you are! And No one remembers that little drunken spat you had with the police officers… Doh!
7. Jessica Alba – While the healthy living guru and master thespian might be battling it out in court over ineffective suntan lotion, she’s also ineffective at winning over fans. Recently, the Sin City star actually wrote the wrong name on someone poster when she would lower herself to sign… Without asking the guys name at all. Come on Jessica, It’s not 2001, are you really getting THAT hounded?
6. Jonah Hill – I thought the Superbad star and I were mending ways, but my disdain has grown over the news that Jonah Hill is now handing out cards with the saying, “I met Jonah Hill, it was a total letdown” instead of posing for a photo or signing an autograph. Ummm really? This from the man that brought the world “The Sitter.” No… We don’t forget. Print that on a card!
5. Chris Evans – Captain America he’s not. Unless he’s being forced to meet fans, the all american star just scours and runs away. Now, he’s charging upwards of $300 to get a photo with him at conventions. While capitalism is quite American, it’s more than a bit unseemly isn’t it Cap?
4. Michael Keaton – Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice! The former 1980’s star is more than the sum of the Birdman isn’t he? Nope. One of the worst autograph signers and least fan friendly people of all time. In fact, he’ll skip anyone holding a Batman or Beetlejuice piece but will charge around $400 bucks to get his scribble of an autograph.
3. Cate Blanchett – The Oscar winner is an amazing actress to be sure, but she is not winning awards with fans. Cinderella? Nah… Evil Stepmother? Must be typecasting. Not only will she not give fans the time of day, she will hide from them. Perhaps if she sees a sharpie she’ll melt like the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz? You think?
2. Emilia Clarke – Sigh… How can I put Daenerys Targaryen on this list you may ask? Simply put, ever since she graced the great white way and got butchered by critics she’s been taking out her venom on fans. Refusing to pose for photos, sign, or even look in anyone’s direction. Perhaps like Sarah Connor, she’ll be back to being nice. However, for now… She’s been terminated!
1. Bruce Willis – Was there any doubt? I mean really. The man just looks like he would rather be getting a root canal than… Basically anything. I mean why get out of bed if you’re that sour about life? On Broadway he’s been hit and miss, and only signing playbills when he does sign. I know people have had some good experiences… Anyone I know has nothing good to say. When Kevin Smith says that you’re a dick… I tend to believe him.
Honorable Mentions: Sharon Stone, Julia Roberts, Jake Gyllenhaal, Charlize Theron, Meryl Streep, Steve Martin, Liam Neeson, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Kristin Stewart, Sofia Vergara, Edie Falco, Brie Larson, Liv Tyler, Chad Coleman, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Don Henley, Catherine O’Hara, Kate Hudson.Share on Facebook
I know he’s not on the list. But, I heard Bill Murray who has been known to be rude, has lightened up over the years. Is that true ? Is he signing more movie stuff ? Ive heard he used to only sign golf programs and pieces of paper.
I notice Natalie Portman isn’t on the Top 10, nor Honorable Mentions for Worst Signer. Is it because she moved to France or is she lightening up?
WOW! You went after my girl Mike!!! And she’s ABOVE MacKie!!
Now we got problems
And I don’t think we can solve them
You made a really deep cut
And baby now we got bad blood
When Jessica and I get married in the future, you will not be invited to the wedding, and I will make sure she invites Mark Wahlberg!
ha.. nothing ever changes… been away for 5 years and i would have said almost the same thing… i’ve been telling people for nearly 10 years (or longer, ever since he won an oscar for philadelphia) that tom hanks is NOT mr nice guy… there’s actually a spot at the end of “the simpson’s movie” where he says, in all his glory as a simpsons character “hi, i’m tom hanks. when you see me out in public… leave me be.” and there WERE stories of him chasing people asking him for autographs out near his house in the palisades.
I did. When someone pulls the crap she did to Big Mike, she deserves it!
She wasn’t out, and no one I knew saw her. I would never say she was lightening up! LOL. God I wish!
I have heard Murray has gotten better. I haven’t seen it myself. But this is what I heard! Not sure about movie stuff, TBH.
Bruce Willis signed recenly after a FALLON appearance. FOr YEARS he would just ignore requests for signatures. He thought they were stupid. A child asked him to sign a Die Hard John McClain action figure at his NY Hotel…His response “Nice DOLLY kid–Get a Life and walked away leavbing the kid in tears.” LOL
You left out MISERABLE signers JOHN C REILLY,(good luck), MEL GIBSON (even more good luck), JARED LETO (VERY picky on what he MIGHT sign), JANET JACKSON (always a NO), TAYLOR SWIFT (she isnt as NICE as she seems (except to 9 year olds) DAVID (Pink FLoyd) GILMOUR, DON HENLEY (its a NO in person especially on a photo with..) and totaly off limits STEVIE NICKS or GLENN FREY (if yo ucan even find him), And the worst In person signer of all time BOB DYLAN (CHUMLEE was a SET UP graph lol) A lot of others dont unless you pay CASH..WILLIAM SHATNER for example.
BAD experiences getting graphs freo mthese also (beleive it or not)–Elisha Cuthbert (whats her problem)?, Alexis Bledel (miserable and refuses to take candids), Natralie Portman doesnt sign in public, Naomi Watts (quite difficult), ALAN ALDA (useless !!). Bill Murray was cool with me..but he just doesnt like sigining COMMERCIAL items such as posters…ask for a signed blank card…or sign something unique… oh and one of th WORST signers of all time –JULIA STILES.
Sharon Stone was fantastic when she was in Norway for the Nobel Peace Prize.
The thing with Cate Blanchett is, I think she’s actually nice when she’s over here in Europe. I had luck with her at the Berlin Film Festival, she signed at the premiere and at a press conference and I heard that she signed a LOT during two premieres and another event at the London Film Festival and apparently, she signed as well when she was in Cannes this summer. But yeah, I’ve heard that she’s *very* tricky when she’s in the U.S. as well. Apparently, it really depends on the event and city, though.
What a load of rubbish! I have met Emilia Clarke 4 different times (most recently just 2 weeks ago). She is so friendly and kind, always happy to stop for a photo and a chat. She’s never in a hurry to rush away even if she has someone with her. The last time I met her, she even remembered my name and took time to pet my dog. Out of all the celebrities I’ve met (quite a few) she has been the best.
Emilia Clarke used to b one of the nicest celebs out there. In fact, she might have been on the top ten list before for best signers. The fact of the matter is, in LA, the last 3 premieres she’s attended, she hasn’t touched a pen or posed for a picture (except once when people trespassed on the property and guilted her to sign with a kid). The past two award shows I’ve attended she again has not signed. I’ve seen video of her signing at her plays and being very nice. I actually believe it’s her handlers that have told her not to sign. When she changed publicist, things changed! This is a list for worst SIGNERS, and to be honest with you, as much as I love GOT and have seen her be AMAZING in the past, I can not remember her picking up a pen in LA all year, and she had many opportunities to do so. I wish you continued success with her, and hope one day she will take a picture with me and pet my dog!
Billy – is “pet my dog” a euphemism? : )
I was at the terminator premier in Berlin this past summer and emilia was happily signing and talking with fans. when she signed my book she was genuinely beaming despite being in pain.. unfortunately her idiot bodyguard was pushing her along and not gently either, considering she was limping on a painful fractured hip. I think she would have stayed there longer if she wasn’t being rushed. The other actors were in the same situation. Of all the actors there, i only got 2 autographs…emilia’s and jk simmons…I was desperate for arnie’s. So yeah, it’s not always the actors’ fault, sometimes their teams can be proper a**holes.
My aunt met the woman from outlander (don’t know her name) recently and she was very snobby and rude about being asked for an autograph. And an honourable mention for Sting. Geez, what an self righteous a**hole! Just don’t even approach the man. Not worth it.
I had a great experience with Cate a few years ago. She was in Brooklyn doing a play, and we waited for her outside of the stage door. Got a picture, an autograph and even talked to her about the play a little before she left. One of my best fan experiences ever. I do think she’s wary of signing Lord of the Rings things. Just a hunch…