Lots of beginnings and endings this week! Several shows are wrapping up their season and it may be the last for several others. Sadness! Never fear, some new ones are also on the way!!
Say goodbye to the freak show! American Horror Story: Freak Show wraps up it season this week. Never fear, the anthology season will be back for more!
Other shows ending, but these are definitely/probably not returning. NBC’s low rated comedies Bad Judge and A to Z. ABC hasn’t officially said, but odds are this will be the last we see of Resurrection and Galavant.
Starz’s highest rated series, Black Sails sets sails with a second season this Saturday. This season, look for more backstory on Captain Flint (Toby Stephens) and a broader look at the world as we journey to London!
(Outlander fans should also watch the Black Sails premiere since there will be a preview of the second half of the season!)
USA’s first original comedy, Sirens, is back for a second season! More goofy, good-natured fun with this quirky group of EMTs. Definitely some funny ahead this season!
FX’s much lauded The Americans is back for another season of conspiracy and intrigue.
Speaking of Americans and conspiracies…The History channel has a six-part miniseries about the start of the Revolutionary War. Sam Adams (Ben Barnes), John Adams (Henry Thomas), Paul Revere (Michael Raymond-James) and John Hancock (Rafe Spall) start a revolution.
Tonight: American Horror Story: Freak Show season finale (FX)
Thursday: Backstorm debut (Fox), Bad Judge series finale (NBC) A to Z series finale (NBC), Nightwatch debut (A&E), Million Dollar Critic debut (BBC America)
Friday: King of the Nerds season premiere (TBS)
Saturday: Black Sails season premiere (Starz), With this Ring debut (Lifetime)
Sunday: Resurrection season (series?) finale (ABC), Galavant season (series?) finale (ABC), SAG Awards (TNT), Sons of Liberty debut (History)
Monday: Mud, Sweat and Gears debut (BBC America)
Tuesday: Sirens season debut (USA)
Wednesday: The Americans season debut (FX), Suits season debut (USA), Web Therapy season finale (Showtime), SNL Rewind: 2015 Mega Marathon (VH1)
House of DVF and The Royals will all be back for another season on E! Bravo is also on a renewal streak so we’ll be seeing more Flipping Out, Married to Medicine (never heard of it) and the Real Housewives of Orange County.
Unfortunately, USA’s comedy Benched is getting, well, Benched. Between this show and NBC’s Bad Judge, legal comedies are out of order. Case dismissed.
Fox has admitted that Red Band Society is officially cancelled. They will air the final three episodes in the upcoming weeks.
While the networks have renewed a bunch of shows for next year, a bunch will remain on the bubble. Some shows a little bit of hope for the future (if winter ratings hold stable and if the new shows don’t look that promising) including: Last Man Standing, Marvel’s Agent Carter, Revenge, The Good Wife, Hawaii Five-0 and Blood Bloods.
These other shows, well, their futures aren’t so bright. This may be your last chance to see: Forever, Resurrection, Galavant, Mysteries of Laura, State of Affairs, Hart of Dixie, CSI and Stalker.
The networks came out to chat about their plans for the future so there’s been a ton of new news. Lots of it will likely change so here are some highlights that are a bit more concrete:
- While it’s going to seem like forever until Twin Peaks’ third season starts on Showtime, they are working on the casting. Not only is Kyle MacLachlin confirmed to return (Agent Cooper! Agent Cooper!), but we’ll also see Sheryl Lee (Laura Palmer/Maddie Ferguson) and Dana Ashbrook (Bobby Briggs). Also, there are hints that Sherilynn Fenn (Audrey Horne) will also be back.
- Chicago Fire and Chicago PD have a big crossover coming up this spring. Also, be prepared for an episode of Chicago Fire that will test the waters for another sister show, Chicago Med. Chicago Medical is the name of a fictions hospital that gets mentioned in basically every episode of Chicago Fire or Chicago PD. We’ll probably see Dylan Baker and maybe Amanda Righetti in this backdoor pilot since they have been reoccurring as Chicago Med doctors.
- With the huge ratings and twitterstorm, it’s not a surprise that there’s another Sharknado in the works. This time Tara Reid, Ian Ziering and the sharks will be headed to DC.
- Gary Sinise is going to be the lead in a procedural spinoff. Nope, it’s not 2004 and we’re not talking about CSI:NY. This is about a new Criminal Minds spinoff.
- While the ratings for Peter Pan Live! were much lower than NBC hoped for, they are still on track to do another musical next year and they are deciding between The Music Man or The Wiz. Either way, look for them to cast a bigger name than Allison Williams who just couldn’t pull in Carrie Underwood numbers.
- Over on Fox, Grease is the word! (It’s got groove, it’s got meaning). They are going ahead with their live musical production of Grease with Julianne Hough as good-girl Sandy and Vanessa Hudgens as Rizzo. No word on any of the T-Birds yet.
- Ryan Murphy’s Glee is ending on Fox, but he has a new show on the way called Scream Queens which will star Lea Michele and Abigail Breslin.
Comment below or email me at Erica@MikeTheFanboy.com
Share on Facebook
For more adventures, follow me on twitter: @Cambear