I have to tell you, I’ve been looking forward to seeing Everest for quite a while now. I sadly missed it in theaters but have been eagerly waiting for it to hit home video to check it out.
Well… I don’t have to wait any longer, because it’s out today on Blu-ray, HD and 3D!
Unbridled ambition, a ferocious storm, and the limits of human endurance collide at the top of the world in the white-knuckle adventure Everest, coming to Digital HD on December 22, 2015, and 3D Blu-ray™, Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand on January 19, 2016, from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Following a pair of expeditions to the highest point – and most dangerous place – on Earth, Everest captures the brutal majesty of the deadly peak, and the boundless courage required to conquer it, with breathtaking cinematography and spectacular storytelling. Exclusive extras make Everest a can’t-miss, must-own event, bringing viewers behind-the-scenes for a look at the making of the film, as well as astonishing insights about the real-life 1996 summit attempt that inspired it.
Inspired by the incredible events surrounding an attempt to reach the summit of the world’s highest mountain, Everest documents the awe-inspiring journey of two different expeditions challenged beyond their limits by one of the fiercest snowstorms ever encountered by mankind. Their mettle tested by the harshest elements found on the planet, the climbers will face nearly impossible obstacles as a lifelong obsession becomes a breathtaking struggle for survival.
Critics call Everest
“… exciting, thrilling, moving, and completely engaging.” – Scott Mendelson, Forbes
Jake Gyllenhaal (Southpaw, Brokeback Mountain), Keira Knightley (The Imitation Game, Pirates of the Caribbean), Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty, The Great Gatsby), Josh Brolin (Sicario, No Country for Old Men), John Hawkes (Winter’s Bone, The Sessions), Robin Wright (“House of Cards,” Forrest Gump), Michael Kelly (“House of Cards,” Viral), Sam Worthington (Avatar, Clash of the Titans) and Emily Watson (The Theory of Everything, Breaking the Waves) star in a thrilling and harrowing battle against the overwhelming power of nature.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAYTM:
• LEARNING TO CLIMB: THE ACTOR’S JOURNEY – Cast members and the two film consultants who helped them prepare for the shoot discuss getting ready for the arduous production.
• A MOUNTAIN OF WORK: RECREATING EVEREST – Bringing Everest to life required the filmmakers to recreate the mountain through state-of-the-art studio work and visual effects. The teams involved talk about how they made the seemingly impossible possible.
Credit: Jasin Boland
BLU-RAYTM AND DVD BONUS FEATURES:
• RACE TO THE SUMMIT: THE MAKING OF EVEREST – The trials and tribulations of cast and crew as they journey to the foothills of Everest and beyond, battling the elements and forming deep bonds along the way.
• ASPIRING TO AUTHENTICITY: THE REAL STORY – Recollections of the tragic events of May 10, 1996, from those who were there, as the cast and filmmakers discuss bringing this harrowing tale to life with authenticity and respect.
• FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR BALTASAR KORMÁKUR
Thanks to the awesome folks at Universal Home Video, we have a copy of Everest on Blu-ray to giveaway! Plus as an added bonus, you’ll get an Everest Carabiner. I don’t know about you, but I use those all time. It may not be to scale a mountain, but they help get groceries in the door! 🙂
Now, I know you want to win!
First off, YOU MUST BE A FACEBOOK FAN TO WIN!
So, like the Mike The Fanboy page on Facebook and then use the rafflecopter form to enter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Share on Facebook