I can’t believe it’s turkey time again! I mean… My Lord! It’s like 2017 has flown by like a lightning bolt! It’s crazy! I really wish I could stop time and just breathe once in a while. But what can you do when you are Fanboying it up right? No rest for the wicked…
If there’s one thing I’ve learned about Thanksgiving there’s always turkey… 😉
There are a few other things I have learned from classic television episodes that I thought would be great lesson for all of you on this most Thankful of holidays! So, I bring you the top ten tips for Thanksgiving based on classic television!
1. Don’t open an ancient American Indian mission that’s been lost for thousands of years because well… They will rise and give you Syphilis ala Pangs from Buffy The Vampire Slayer!
2. Don’t transport your family back to the time of the Pilgrims accidentally! Your husband could be hanged as a witch ala Bewitched!
3. If you are going to put on a Thanksgiving pageant make sure your father is there to teach you all a valuable lesson about not killing the indigenous people ala The Brady Bunch!
4. When deciding who to invite over for the big day make sure they are not prone to throwing ones dinner ala Cheers!
5. If you do invite people over the house to eat… Don’t serve tofurky! Ala Everybody Loves Raymond!
6. On the big day make sure there isn’t a giant nuclear war protest. It’s embarrassing when your parents get arrested ala Family Ties.
7. Be careful when competition rears its ugly head via football or women… Or for that matter never wear a turkey on your head ala Friends.
8. As an FYI Thanksgiving is not a time to a. tell your mother you’re a cop, b. come out as a lesbian, or c. find out your father was having an affair ala Roseanne!
9. For that matter don’t try to jump back in the closet on the big day ala Will and Grace!
10. And finally… Turkey’s can not fly… ala WKRP In Cincinnati!
From everyone here at Mike The Fanboy… The Lovely Erica, The Novel Strumpet, James, Billy Beer, Scotty The Music Man, Pretty in pinky, Ace, Awesome Anushika, Big Mike, Suddenly Susan and all our other contributors have a healthy and safe Thanksgiving!
We all have a lot to be thankful for!
Share on Facebook