The Top Ten Best Autograph Signers And Most Fan Friendly Celebrities Of 2014! Norman Reedus! Tom Cruise!
Yep, it’s the MTF best autograph signers and most fan friendly celebrities of 2014!
These are the men and women who really care about their fans and go the extra mile.
Now, to break it down, I polled all the MTF writers, had my ear to the ground and pounded the pavement to cull this list for you all.
Qualifications you may ask? It’s not about signing multiples, it’s honesty about the people who are really cool to their fans, willing to take that extra few minutes and are generally pleasant about it.
There was so much debate about it this year, I got into more than one heated discussion about who should be on top, but I think this is a really good representation. Clearly, there are awesome people not on the list, but the people listed are the tops who are consistently great.
And in reality the top four people could easy be number one on any other given year. They are that amazing to their fans.
So, let’s get to it shall we?
10. Ronda Rousey – This UFC fighter has been great to her fans for years. This year however, she has gone and beyond even going so far as to line up everyone to make sure everyone gets a photo or an autograph. Apparently, she signed up to 20 items per person!
9. Michael Fassbender – This X-Men star is so down to earth. He takes his time and really tries to get to everyone at an event. Plus, he’s very charming while doing so. Who can resist that smile!
8. Robert Downey Jr. – In past years, Robert Downey Jr. was difficult but recently he’s been really great about making sure and giving back to his fans. He’s had an amazing couple years and one of the best comeback stories of this decade. It’s great to see someone at the top of their game making time for others.
7. Anna Paquin – Who didn’t love True Blood? I know I did and the star of True Blood is so adorable. I’ve seen Anna Paquin (And her husband, True Blood star Stephen Moyer) run through traffic to greet fans. She has always been great and this year, as True Blood ended it’s seven season run, she went over and above.
6. Chris Pratt – Clearly, everyone here at MTF is a huge fan of Chris Pratt. And how could you not be? First off, Chris is so accommodating and cool. He’s like the kind of guy you just want to kick it with and have a beer. When he had the biggest year of his career with Guardians of the Galaxy, Chris never let it go to his head. He makes time when it’s two people or twenty. Rock on Star-Lord!
5. Matt Damon – People used to tell me about how great Matt Damon was to his fans, but this was the first year I saw how nice the man was. Several times this year, he’s made sure and stopped to sign and take photos with everyone waiting. At premiere’s he covers the line, it’s really astounding to see.
4. Tom Cruise – Tom is such a great guy. For being one of the top stars from the past three decades, Tom never hesitates to pick up a pen, do a selfie, or stop for people waiting. He’ll even arrive at events early to make sure that he has enough time to greet each fan there as much as humanly possible.
3. Norman Reedus – Okay… I have to admit… I have a bit of a man-crush on Norman Reedus. He’s just that awesome. For being one of the most popular characters on the top scripted show on television, Norman is still the same chill dude as he’s ever been. This year I’ve seen him stay to the bitter end of events to make sure everyone who wants a photo gets one. He’s the kind of guy you just want to be friends with… Or go hunting with during a zombie apocalypse.
2. Jessica Chastain – Academy Award nominee Jessica Chastain… Now, I can’t tell you how adorable Jessica is. She loves her fans and makes sure to always greet everyone, with photos, autographs, etc… She even helped Billy get Anne Hathaway to sign a Les Miserables poster at a recent event. In fact, I can’t think of anyone who could possibly have a negative word to say about Jessica Chastain.
1. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt – There are several reasons why Angie and Brad are tops on the list year. First off, at the Maleficent premiere, I witnessed security try and tell Angelina Jolie she had to stop signing. I saw Angelina Jolie say no, point to the rest of the fans, and ignore security and come over anyway. At the same event Brad Pitt was involved in an incident that for any other celebrity couple would have made them turn and run from the fans. His quote, “he (the alleged attacker) is going to spoil it for the fans who have waited up all night for an autograph or a selfie, because it will make people more wary to approach a crowd.” He wasn’t worried about himself, but for the waiting fans. Plus, while out promoting Unbroken, there were numerous stories about Angelina being super amazing, and at one event even climbing through a bush to sign an autograph.
It doesn’t get better than that kids!
Matt Bomer, Gary Oldman, Chloe Bennet, Olivia Munn, Lana Del Rey, Daniel Radcliffe, Andrew Lincoln, Lizzy Caplan, Kevin Smith, Robert Rodriguez, Stan Lee, Tilda Swinton, Garrett Hedlund, Jason Mamoa, Joel Edgerton, Christian Bale, Eric Bana, Billy Crudup, Mary Louise Parker, Michael C. Hall, Mark Wahlberg, Colin Farrell, Mark Ruffalo
The most improved award goes to…
Jim Carrey – The Dumb and Dumber star has been super hard to get the past few years, but while out promoting Dumb and Dumber Too, the comedian has been so kind and accommodating. Smiling and have a great time interacting with fans. Keep it up Jim!
Share on Facebook
Fine! I’ll start the comments. Thank you for putting Rousey on there, totally deserved it! I will never win the Angie vs Jessica battle with you. But I can see it. Not sure about 8 and 9. Really didn’t see them out much this year. I think a couple of honorable mentions could have filled those spots a little better, but 1-5 are pretty solid. Let the debating begin. By the way, this is totally based off of LA apperences. I’m sure if you ask people in NY or overseas, it might be totally different. For some reason curtain celebs like signing in some cities and not others.
Matt Damon higher on the list than Chris Pratt? That’s just wrong.
The last two events I went to for Damon he used the back entrance to avoid his waiting fans completely. One good incident does not a top signer make.
I get Tom Cruise – that last time at Kimmel seemed amazing (I couldn’t make it), but he always goes above and beyond, not just that one time.
Sorry Mikey, but boo to number five. He’s too high up on the list in my opinion.
As for the rest, I’ve only gotten 3 of them out and about. I should be on the worst autograph collector list I suppose.
Chris Pratt? Who the hell is that?
I too would have liked to have seen Pratt in the top 3. Oh well.. maybe next year.
I’d like to see the not so fan friendly…….I can think of a few…..
Jessica Chastain should be #1. Hands down the nicest person ever to her fans. Actually she might be the nicest person PERIOD. LOL Great list!!
I agree with Susan. When I went to an event that Matt Damon was participating in he flat out refused to sign autographs or take pictures even though fans had waited for hours. His handler just rushed him through the fans and all Matt did was smile. Thumbs down Matt!
I’d have put Chris closer to the top, but maybe I’m biased 🙂 Agree with Angelina, Brad and Jessica to be at the top. Not met Norman, but have heard enough stories to know he should be up there.
Someone who gets a bad rap who I always find is amazing with fans – both signing and taking pics is Katherine Heigl. Love her.
I didn’t see Jennifer Lawrence’s name on there. I know that she wasn’t quite as welcoming to her fans in Germany this year in June, but that could be because she was having personal problems. Still, she more than made up for it at her premieres and also in New York earlier this month when she was there for business. She stopped to sign for fans and even took a picture with one on Broadway when she went to see Bradley Cooper. I know this list is based on personal opinion, but I guess I just have faith in Jennifer. Generally, she’s really nice.
He’s not mentioned on the list but Manu Bennett (Azog on the Hobbit and Deathstroke in Arrow) was the kindest guy I had met. He signed my picture of Azog and he didn’t hesitate to answer any questions. Before I knew it, we talked for about 15 minutes until I was shuffled along to give other people a chance to meet him. He would definitely be my signing highlight of the year!
Peter Stormare should be on to of the list! he’s adorable with fans!
thank god you didnt put jenifer lawrence. I’m tired of seeing her everywhere.
I would like to say that yes there are some stars who are great to meet but I would like to say in defense of those that are rude to there fans the reason is that most people meet their star in a one happenstance meeting and it maybe the fact that the reason for their attitude at that time maybe that theye having a bad day or they fail to live up to the fan’s expectations think about it they are hounded by the paparazzi I read that Paul Newman who was very gracious to his fans did not sign autographs because a fan was at a urinal next to him when he asked for an autograph. I do not understand why because someone is famous gives there fans the right to interrupt the stars private moments with their family being the class act Newman was great at keeping his family well adjusted and managed to be a class act.