The Top Ten Autograph Signers Of 2013! The Most Fan Friendly Celebrities! Tom Cruise! Colin Farrell! Aaron Paul! And More!
Yep, it’s the annual MTF best and worst autograph signers of 2013!
But I’m a positive guy, and so let’s look at the best signers first shall we? Now, to break it down, I polled all the MTF writers, had my ear to the ground and pounded the pavement to cull this list for you all.
Qualifications you may ask? It’s not about signing multiples, it’s honesty who are really cool to their fans, willing to take that extra few minutes and are generally pleasant about it.
So, let’s get to it shall we?
10. Colin Farrell – Now, Colin has always been pretty cool, but this year he’s been everywhere and each time he’s been awesome. Generally speaking, he tries and makes sure that everyone gets one and is taken care of. A total class act!
9. Aaron Paul – Can I just tell you… Aaron Paul is awesome, on the screen and off. I’ve never seen him turn down a request and the way he interacts with fans is super cool. He’s fun, he’s goofy and exactly what you would hope for with any celebrity encounter.
8. The Men of Sons of Anarchy – Not only is Sons of Anarchy one of the best shows on television, but the guys on the show are super great to their fans. Stopping on set, taking time for people. Literally the guys of Samcro, are chill, down to earth, and the kind of guys you want to hang with!
7. Olivia Munn – Last year I got a lot of grief for not including this woman of Magic Mike on the list. I hear it all the time, “Olivia Munn is the sweetest thing ever!” And when she showed up on three different MTF writer’s surveys, okay… I had to include her!
6. Zoe Saldana – I am so impressed by the Star Trek and Avatar star. Her stock is on the rise in Hollywood, but has never forgotten about the people who put her there. There are times when she signs I didn’t get her, but I always see her rush over with a smile on her face.
5. Mark Wahlberg – It’s no secret that this action star is giving out Good Vibrations, but he’s also willing to hang out with his fans. Even when he can’t do it, he apologizes and explains why he can’t. Pretty damn cool.
4. Michael C. Hall – The Dexter star may be scary on screen, but off he’s as cool as a cucumber. Signing autographs, hanging out… In fact, I’ve seen Michael C. Hall sign for an entire theater full of people… He’s just that nice.
3. Daniel Radcliffe – Sure, he’s Harry Potter and yes, he gets mobbed at almost every public appearance, but let me tell you… Daniel is one of the sweetest guys out there. I’ve seen him take things inside to sign, I’ve seen him go down a line and greet people, I’ve even seen him calm a crowd of people down.
2. Norman Reedus – All the cast members of The Walking Dead are pretty nice, but Norman Reedus takes the cake. He always signs and if he sees fans, he can’t help himself but run over, take photos and sign.
1. Tom Cruise – Now, it was hard to pick a number one this year, but I think almost every one of the MTF writers (sans one) had Mr. Tom Cruise on their list. When he is out promoting a project he is super cool, at premiere’s he gives everyone a second of his time, signs something, etc.. He makes sure and gives you a moment and that’s really special!
Malin Akerman, Bryan Cranston, Whoopi Goldberg, Jennifer Carpenter, Mary Louise Parker, Helen Mirren, Keanu Reeves, Stephen Amell, Emma Thompson, Alexander Skarsgard, Anna Paquin, Johnny Galecki, Matt Damon, Zachary Levi, Terrence Howard, Russell Crowe, Mark Ruffalo, Christian Bale, Michael Fassbender, Guillermo del Toro, Robert Downey Jr., Matt Bomer, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Julie Bowen, Jason Ritter, George Clooney.
And let’s give a shout out to the celebrities who were once really difficult but are getting better! The most improved celebrities for 2013 are:
Matthew McConaughey – This Dazed and Confused star has been hit and miss at best, but lately he’s been really great and gets a gold star from this fanboy!
Jane Lynch – The Glee star has been super rough in the past and even now she’s hit and miss… However, even hit and miss is better than she was in the past.
John Goodman – The former Roseanne star has been super difficult in the past but now… He’s becoming more and more cordial.
Emma Watson – The Harry Potter star can be a tad difficult but at her latest premiere’s she been nice.Share on Facebook
What about Kiefer Sutherland? Nicest guy, always has time for a fan and he’s been that way for years.
Norman Reedus Is So Awesome! Does A lot For His Fans. I mean A lot & Everything. The Dude Is Not Only A Phenomenal Talent But A Genuine Sweet Dude! Love that Guy! Charlie Hunnam Is Such A Appreciative Caring Badass As Well! All these celebs listed are true celebs who care deeply for their fans. Amazing!
Love that actors still remember their fans! Awesome article
Awesome list. Where was Michelle Pfeiffer??? She’s always so sweet!! 🙂 I LOVE HER!!! She should do a zombie movie!!!!
Agree that one of best experiences was Tom Cruise at Comicon this year. Really took the time with each one…told him how I grew up with all his movies and gave me a nice firm handshake and said he appreciated it and asked my favorite one. Top Gun of course….
Think Andrew Lincoln and Giancarlo is missing as they are always always signing multiples..
Best A lister athletes is Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant…bar none.
Despite what you read, Mandy Patinkin is one of the nicest guys on the planet.
Honourable mention for Johnny Depp from me!
Michael Rooker should be on here. I worked with him at Phx Comicon this year and the man took only two breaks over the three days. He never left his booth if there was still a line, and his line never died down. He’s a pretty awesome guy. =)
Zachary Levi is super cool for his fans. He goes out to the line outside of First Date and signs autographs, takes photos for all of the fans waiting. Very gracious and oh so hot!
Norman Reedus hands down is the sweetest gentleman on earth.
When I met him at ComicCon, my day wasn’t going too well. So when I walked up to him he could tell I was a bit down. Asked if I was okay, showered me with “sweetie”. Made my day so much better.
He remembered me later when it came for us to take a photo together. He made sure I was better, and I could tell he was sincere about it.
He’s worth meeting,
where is Jason David Frank? Hes so awesome with his fans! staying late at conventions to make sure everyone got stuff, interacting on social media…even CALLING HIS FANS ON CHRISTMAS and you leave him off the list…not really sure where you get your info from but next year hows about you actually take the time to research?
Norman reedus is by far the nicest down to earth star we have ever met at comic con he along with the entire talented cast of the walking dead invited our daughter on stage to give out gifts she made for them and let her sit with them for the entire panel !! Talented are wonderful to his fans we have great pictures and memories !! And don’t forget today is the walking dead marathon happy new year !!!!
Anna if you read the introduction it says that Mike polled his writers. This is a fan site written by fans. Mike and his writers do a great job. I truly had never heard of Jason before. With a resume like his, I would hope he is good to hiss fans. I am glad you have has good experiences with him. This list is about the experiences the writers has this year.
Hi Anna, I also agree that Jason David Frank is great to his fans! Always a huge line and they leave with a smile!
For this list, we mostly focus on how nice celebrities are when they aren’t in a formal studio signing or a paid signing line. As you can see with the stories about Jessica Lange, there can be big difference for some folks — depending on if they are doing something official (book signings) vs when they are at appearances (Talk shows, Q&As, premieres, etc…).
So surprised Tom Hiddleston isn’t on this list after seeing some of the stuff he puts up with from fans.
No Mads Mikkelsen? He’s the nicest ever. Always take time to sign, talk and pose for pictures.
The entire cast of Supernatural is awesome.
Former power rangers star Jason David Frank is amazing to his fans too. He spends a lot of time reading everyone’s comments on his facebook page and will even do random phone calls to them
I’m not as completely in agreement on this as the bad list but not too bad 🙁 hearing terrible things about mch since dexter ended and I have yet to get fassbender. And I’ve seen Zac be a total ass. But I love your most improved list 🙂
What about Matt Smith or John Barrowman or Michael Rooker or Rupert Grint? They’re awesome to fans 🙂
Your rate along with your name could be the qualifier you need.
I think the admin of this web page is really working hard in favor of his web page, as here every stuff is quality based stuff.